The Celica meets our new ride, the Delica (56k warning)

trialsmaster2

As the title implies, we now have a Mitsubishi Delica for our forestry road exploration and mountain bike hauling needs.

Some details on our Delica...
Imported from Japan through Zen Autoworks (http://www.zenautoworks.ca)
Maintenance and compliance work done by Mardy at Amazing Auto Imports in Richmond, BC
1993 Mitsubishi Delica Exceed
7 passenger (2 front, 2 mid, 3 rear), 4X4, Auto (5 speed is geared quite a bit lower than the auto), P35W high roof model.
2.5 liter (4D56) turbo diesel cranking out a whopping 84HP and 145 lb-ft of torque.

There aren't any dirty pictures of it yet, but that'll change as soon as we get it off road. We have only had it for a little over a week...

Also, if these photos don't work, let me know and I'll host them elsewhere...

DSC_5212_crop2.jpg

Honestly, I'm not ignoring the Celica!

DSC_5218_crop2.jpg

The Delica in HDR (3 images combined)

DSC_5224_crop2.jpg

Okay, the perspective is a little off here, but the Celica and Delica are pretty much identical in length...

DSC_5226_crop2.jpg

Delica and the GT Four

DSC_5227_crop2.jpg

Delica and the GT Four

DSC_5231_crop2.jpg

GT Four and the Delica...in HDR

DSC_5239_crop2.jpg

Delica and GT Four, nose to nose and in HDR

DSC_5240_crop2.jpg

Delica and GT Four, nose to nose

DSC_5242_crop2.jpg

Yep, I still do love my GT Four...

Aaron

WarTowels

Haha, I've always liked the Delica's, for their 1 letter off name.

A Delica and a Celica. Hilarious.

-Towels

trialsmaster2

Yep, gotta have one of each. :D

Someone on a forum quite a while back jokingly said that since I have a Celica that I need to get a Delica next. Little did I know that a couple years later I would have one...haha.

I can't think of any other things to get that end in "elica", so I'll just stick with those two :)

MATT-S

I have one exactly the same but with big yellow fog lights! My mates always take the piss that I have a Celica and a Delica. Is yours auto or manual? It took me ages to find a manual and I am yet to see another L300 manual outside of Japan

trialsmaster2

suzq044":27oo3mu4 said:
DSC_5227_crop2.jpg

just leaning a little there eh? :doh:

What you can't see from that view is the front left wheel is on a mound of dirt. It normally sits quite level :)

Here are a few more pictures of the Delica in action this past Monday...
DSC_5326_crop2.jpg

It doesn't look steep but it sure felt it. According to the gauge in the Delica, that hill was more than 30 degrees.

DSC_5333_crop2.jpg

Mmmmm, mud!

DSC_5331_crop2.jpg

Scraped the front license plate at one point.

DSC_5340_crop2.jpg

DSC_5341_crop2.jpg

DSC_5342_crop2.jpg

I'm pretty impressed what this little van can do...

trialsmaster2

My Delica is an auto...only because of the higher gearing. There are a few members of Delica.ca that have 5 speed Delicas...can't think of how many...probably a dozen or more.