Mafix's hybrid setup with front mount

Harris_Khrotem

Oh cool thx for the info... i just noticed that u have the aftermarket bumper :) did you have to cut away anything to make room for your ic?

Mafix

i had to make a new power steering cooler. cut out all the urethane on the stock bumper. modify the underbody splash guards. battery relocator kit. rewire the computer to think it still is running WTA. and i think that's about it.

Harris_Khrotem

Thx for the info mafix, just wondering, would the intercooler have fit if you stuck with the stock bumper but removed the foglights? Do you have any more pictures of your setup?

Mafix

actually mine was a 162 so i never had the 165 bumpers. i would imagine that with a little modifications it would fit.

brutekiller787

all i have to say is st162 intake manifold and a rotated turbo. boom that will clean EVERYTHING up. and of course re do the piping to match.

Mafix

ack! holy undead! i don't even have that car anymore (not that a lot of people can tell them apart)
yeah we will simply call this a learning curve. i'm 1000% better on making tubing now. and i actually make money so i can afford nice things and not makeshift stuff. so i think i'll post a couple newer pics:
IMAG0045.jpg

noisy.jpg

srt4.jpg

laststand.jpg

out of pics at that point. but do remember guys, back in the day doing things with a turbo car were stupid expensive. example: i have the 1st intercooler griffen radiator ever made. it was custom made to my specs and still works wonderfully. it was 450 bucks. 8 years ago. there were no fmic kits for anything close back then. but we all grow and improve. and i can't argue with my current setup.

Mafix

discontinued aeroform ground effects molded in
discontinued team prototype fender flares (i don't think the company even exsists anymore)

there are lots more pics on st162.net

wakkjobb

That is quite a jump from the pics on the first page; awesome work, mayne! Now go help LegoDan rebulid Scarlet's engine... :D

Mafix

no heat wrap needed. 115 degree intake charge on a 90 degree day. and my sensor is in the intake manifold.