Seen my '92 Sleeper All-Trac?

CaptNemo

Here is the link to my '92 white All-Trac webpage, with scads of photos & rebuild info.

Check out the 'Ozark Romp' videos, located close to page top, and brief glimpse of recent Lake of the Ozarks outside-evening car show, featuring 1 lone Jap car ruining the shindig for everyone... ;)

Later!

lumbercis

I thought your page was very well-done and engaging, and your car obviously well cared for. I probably would have left out some of the white accents in the engine bay, but all in all, nice job! :D

CaptNemo

The bored/clipped CT26A Turbo delivers a max raw output of 26 PSI & a restricted output of 24.5 PSI exiting the (forced-air-cooled) intercooler.

(See site pix of boost gauge peak recall, taken right after 4th dyno run).

Had to go with 2-stage colder plugs to eliminate pre-ignition woes, and a couple of tricks my mechanic was familiar with - as he's generated many many many 500 HP drag engines from 3SGTE 4-banger blocks.

There are a couple of nifty engine mods I have neglected to publish.

Chock it up to 'crafty knowledgable old-farts' vs 'still-learning what-not-to-do youth'.

I also nailed down extended air/fuel mix data from ex-TTE-techs in Germany, and re-compiled the image now residing in the CPU's (new)ROM to support mixes up to 30 PSI boost, using 550 injectors.

I had valuable DNS resolving software to swap, being an ISP for over 14 years & they being in a 'filtered' internet country (Germany). I helped them get around their local firewall restrictions - not unlike China's.

Also, like the quad-core VM racked 16-gig memory webservers I construct - all proprietary info.

A meaningful private techie trade for both parties involved.

Later...

Simba

mx6er2587":voyxpvcd said:
Also I don't believe there is any way in hell your getting 350awhp out of any ct26 (I don't care what you've had done to it) with a stock ata intercooler.

Yellow headlights and TRD stickers add 100whp. They also permit rock-solid 13:1 AFRs on a turbocharged engine. :twisted:

CaptNemo

There ya go, it's all in the yellow headlights and Jap TRD stickers. That's great, you figured out the real secret!!

Later...

CaptNemo

Actually... Until the EU signing, yellow lighting was mandatory for all French territory vehicles.

Catch my private mail?

Arick

mx6er2587":172hk6ve said:
its a fairly nice car, but really just one question for you? How do you fit your ego in the car? I mean really I'm six foot and even and my head scrapes the roof. I just don't see how your ego could possibly fit.

Also I don't believe there is any way in hell your getting 350awhp out of any ct26 (I don't care what you've had done to it) with a stock ata intercooler.

haha dude his ego is not out of check. he just has love for the car! and dont complain about being 6 foot. im 6 foot 4 217 pounds and stil fit in my calltrac. (very close but i can pull it off). when your bigger then me and fit in the alltrac let me know

WarTowels

Wait, what? Your using a stock ECU?

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I have a hard time swallowing these figures realistically...

-Towels

klue

form the sound of your engine, there is a definite compressor wheel upgrade, and standard size turbine.
350 hp sounds about right at 24psi. should be around a 50 trim wheel.

maybe the tuner has boosted up your numbers a bit. your torque curve says its a twin entry exhaust housing.

nice car!

redGT4

A nice looking car, very clean and well looked after. However being a cynical man in his 30's i'll take your power claims with a pinch of salt. i won't flame you however. :D

mx6er2587

I'm sorry but I've always been a bigger fan of

if you don't have anything true to say don't say anything at all.

I am completely against the spread of bad information. which is pretty much his entire car domain.

You let this page sit hear with all the cheery comments and no doubts on his claims and the next n00b is going to come in see it and believe every word. Next thing you know we have an army of "350awhp" ct26 alltracs becoming the laughing stock of the scene

lumbercis

"the laughing stock of the scene?" Will you take the cash, and the respect? :lol:

The point is that you can ask questions, you can express your skepticism, but you can't be a jerk about it.

There are already enough car forums that are nothing but flame fests because of immature people that don't know how to express their differences in a respectful manner. I'd rather let some dubious claims slide than have alltrac.net turn into one of those places.

And if the hypothetical clueless noob bases his entire build on one thread without doing any more research and blows his engine, then he deserves what he gets. I don't think turning a thread into a flame fest is going to save a hapless noob from his own stupidity.

Opinions may differ of course. :p

smog7

mx6er2587":9bzkunf2 said:
I'm sorry but I've always been a bigger fan of

if you don't have anything true to say don't say anything at all.

I am completely against the spread of bad information. which is pretty much his entire car domain.

You let this page sit hear with all the cheery comments and no doubts on his claims and the next n00b is going to come in see it and believe every word. Next thing you know we have an army of "350awhp" ct26 alltracs becoming the laughing stock of the scene

you make it sound as if this thread is important...

seriously, who gives a fuck??!!

let the guy say whatever he wants about his car.

2of81

I've gone for a ride in this car, and I tell you about what my butt dyno thinks this car puts out and that thread gets deleted, when there is more slams left that are rougher than what I said.

Me, being the ONLY other member that has ridden in this car does feel like it should be 200-225 AWHP when my bone stock Alltrac feels like 145-150 WHP. This car is certainly not double the stock power.