Night time in Alaska

Einst3in

Took some pictures of my AT and the ladies STI at night up here and just figured id post them up hope you enjoy :D
night1.jpg

night2.jpg

night5.jpg

night6.jpg

night7.jpg

^that shot just looks mean IMO :D
night8.jpg

night9.jpg

still getting used to the cameras settings and havent got to use the tripod for night shots yet either.

And then theres these damn things running around up here.
Moose1.jpg

Moose2.jpg

Moose3.jpg

Einst3in

Some Bull Moose. i love the flaps to really makes the car stand out, now al i need is some oz cronos ;) The lights are OE as far as i know, probably what ever toyota would install.

Did you just get the Generic Mud Flaps from Rally Armor? Was there any cutting/drilling to do? I am interested in buying an would like to know. Nice Pics!

grouch

if you want to go the cheap route on mud flaps go to the local junkyard and pull some off a big 4x4 and cut them for your liking i spent 7.00 for all four.
flaps.jpg
i got these off a pathfinder

bloodMoney

Do the moose ever mess up the cars? I'd be pretty freaked out if there was something that big that close to my car...

Nice pics though! You should line them up together and take some nice long exposure tripod shots :)

~bloodMoney

Einst3in

They are the universal kit from RA and i had to drill holes for all the screw in the flap and the car no cutting though they come in all the same size and i just moved them around till they looked good and screwed them in place more or less. The front was the only crafty mounting where i pull the trim piece off the rear of the wheel well and got it to bolt to the flap so i had a good pivot point to line everything up. and in the front you have to sink a screw randomly into the fender liner to hold in the inside corner. All in all a pretty easy install though. The flaps were pretty expensive though but the material is nice and the shape is great too.

As for the moose ive been up here all my life and you end up seeing them in funny places. Ive never heard of or seen any moose just stand on or damage and vehicles that i know of. How ever if you google moose wreck or moose accident in images you can see what they do to cars in accidents... that is crazy. I would love to take some extended exposure shots of any and all of our cars night time photos turn out looking so crazy up here any time of the year.

Rick89GTS

Einst3in":x38mu6py said:
....As for the moose ive been up here all my life and you end up seeing them in funny places. Ive never heard of or seen any moose just stand on or damage and vehicles that i know of.....
I was wondering about that too. It'd be like, "shoo, moose, shoo!" LOL :lol:

Einst3in

can do im on a wierd schedule and we have... 6 hours of day light im a bit lazy to get out :p but ill take some photos cause i just cleaned her the other day.

Sal

Nice pics!

If you want GOOD mudflaps take the time to fab up the rally armor mudflaps on. They look great and I just ordered a set for my 205.

Red flaps on a white car :smokes:

Einst3in

yeah i really like mine, only thing i want to change on my setup is instead of using individual washers id like to make an aluminum bracket that has a larger surface that it covers on the flap so there arent a bunch of small possible tearpoints.