Switch to full style
Pictures, Videos, and Links to other Media
Post a reply

Post your Daily Driver

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 pm

We have post your car, but that's evolved politely for the most part into a "Post your Alltrac" thread.

So lets see what you guys DD (assuming it's not an Alltrac!)

-Towels
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Re: Post your Daily Driver

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 pm

I'll start:

-Towels

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:10 pm

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:40 pm

For two more months .... 8)

Soon to be replaced by ....

Last edited by 88gt4DE on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:36 am

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:50 am

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:41 am

Here are some of my DDs. I alternate between them. Nothing spectacular, just plain ol' reliable, daily drivers. Boring, but they do the job and keep me out of trouble. Too slow for speeding tickets. :P

This one just got sold, thought I'd mention it. It's a 1996 Toyota Camry DX. It's been a very reliable car, a great beater. I somewhat regret selling it. I sold it to a young college student in need of a car. 5speed, 330k miles. Everything worked, and no leaking fluids. A/C was colder than my 2002 Camry LE. Considered boosting it, but too many turbo projects. It served its purpose. Will be replaced with something else sooner than later. It will be missed. :smokes:

Here's my other DD. I use it more now, since I just sold the 96 Camry DX. Will be doing some minor mods soon (re-tint, suspension, 17" wheels and try to source leather seats or get a Katzkin kit. Tired of cloth seats). Serves its purpose. Better in traffic than the 96 Camry. Comfy enough and good on gas. This one's a keeper. Pic was taken in GA a few months ago.

And the SUV. A 2001 Toyota Highlander V6 4WD. More of a weekend errand machine (shopping, take kids to the park/outtings etc). I don't have a better pic. Sorry. I took this pic at night, about two years ago. Not the best, but Highlanders are nothing special. They're dime a dozen. Sold the wheels, back to stock now. Will be getting another set similar to it. Tire Rack has had good deals lately. Odd that I don't take pics of my cars as much as I do other cars. Will update when I get new wheels.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:09 am

Hah.... funny how the daily drivers are not your GT4s.
I guess that says something about how reliable they are at this age :(

... my daily IS my GT4 though :D

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:14 am

Towels and I prob have the most unreasonable DD's for where we live :P Here is my 02 Lexus IS300 5-speed, HKS Carbon Ti exhaust, Tien coilovers, K&N intake and 19" MMR staggered fitment wheels with snow pkg :wink: (have stock wheels for the winter) I just plan to get snow tires for the winter.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:46 pm

The Dragon Wrangler! :D

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:59 pm

POS Clio Sport RS197

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:38 am

1990 Ford Laser; 1.6L carby 5sp 300,000km odo, fwd goodness. Can stretch its tank to 700kms on pulp. Has seen lots of dirt road action and collected some air time. Can almost outdrag a plumbers van. Put a passenger in it and its slows right down :) Cheap, easy to maintain and has Mazda mechanicals that are alot more reliable than ford's. Police caught me at 128kph in it - downhill! lol.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:42 pm

The Wagon, this is what I drive most of the time (I love wagons).

This is the other car, the wife drives it more than me but it is my daily sometimes, mostly when the wife needs the wagon.

I don't have pictures of it but I also have a Toyota Tacoma that serves DD duty at times, typically when German un-reliability rears it's ugly head. There is also an Oldsmobile Achieva that serves snow duty.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:48 pm

That humble lil trac is a trooper!

And is my DD. 5 days a week, 66 miles AT LEAST a day...330 miles at least monday to friday.
i salute you my humble little white alltrac :notworthy:

Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:49 pm

WarTowels wrote:We have post your car, but that's evolved politely for the most part into a "Post your Alltrac" thread.

So lets see what you guys DD (assuming it's not an Alltrac!)

-Towels

tough shit my DD is an alltrac :P
Post a reply