Post your Daily Driver

pintoBC_3sgte

some new pics

IMG_6218e.jpg

IMG_6257e.jpg

IMG_6231e-1.jpg

IMG_6268e.jpg

GT4times2

Ah, the MX-6 GT. Those were cool cars. My cousin had one (he never won a race against me :p . He ended up buying one of my Alltracs after), and a friend had one making somewhere in the low 500whp range. That car was a beast.

What upgrades have you done to yours?

concealer404

GT4times2":saxl3xod said:
Ah, the MX-6 GT. Those were cool cars. My cousin had one (he never won a race against me :p . He ended up buying one of my Alltracs after), and a friend had one making somewhere in the low 500whp range. That car was a beast.

What upgrades have you done to yours?

Well, you're in Florida, so there's only so many people who could have been making that much power, and i'm pretty sure it was on the FE3 2.0 DOHC motor vs. the stock F2T 2.2 SOHC. ;)

Mine is.... interesting. :lol:

Stock original motor at 185k miles.

Supra CT26 turbo (yep, really)
Evo 8 fmic, 2.5" piping, Greddy RZ bov
Turbosmart UltraGate38
RX7 460cc injectors
3" "bumper dumper" exhaust. (Straight off turbo out bumper, no bends)
Walbro 255hp
Aeromotive 13109 AFPR
Fuelab -6 inline fuel filter
HKS PFC Fcon (with the actual MX6 GT chip circa 1992)
HKS GCC
HKS IPM
HKS EVC II
Innovate LC-1 w/ Auto Timer display
Prosport boost/water temp/oil pressure gauges
Addco 1" front sway bar w/ Addco endlinks
Addco 1" rear sway bar w/ Addco endlinks
2nd gen MX6 Megan Racing springs
2nd gen MX6 KYB GR2s
Brembo blanks
Axxiss Ultimate pads

No idea how much power it's making, won't find out until spring. I daily drive it at 8psi, my "kill" settings are 20-22psi. On the old setup (hack job VAF, stock ecu, bigger injectors) the car ran a 13.2 @ 118mph after the boost controller malfunctioned and spiked to 25psi once i shifted into 3rd gear. :rofl:

To be installed: Built/ported/polished head with B2000 dual valve springs and a Delta Stage 4 cam. Ported/polished/extrude-honed and shortened intake manifold w/ Ford mod motor throttle body.

It's just my cheap, fun, salvage-titled beater. :crazy:

The turbo Mazdaspeed Miata above is way more fun, though. :twisted: 280ish whp + 2400lbs + 6spd w/ 4.10 rear end = :D

GT4times2

You may have heard of my buddy. He goes by the name of Jay. He had a burgundy MX-6 Turbo. And you're right (I forgot about it), it had the FE3 engine set up, with plenty of mods (big turbo, built engine, SDS-EMS, then Motec etc). Fun cars. I'm impressed with your 13.2. Very nice. :)
These cars were true sleepers. The Miata sounds like lots of fun as well!

concealer404

GT4times2":2fajf2q5 said:
You may have heard of my buddy. He goes by the name of Jay. He had a burgundy MX-6 Turbo. And you're right (I forgot about it), it had the FE3 engine set up, with plenty of mods (big turbo, built engine, SDS-EMS, then Motec etc). Fun cars. I'm impressed with your 13.2. Very nice. :)
These cars were true sleepers. The Miata sounds like lots of fun as well!

Heh, i'm not.... that's a low 12s trap. :cry: But that was on 205/40-17 Nexen N5000 street tires at normal PSI, so i'm not worried about it. Heh.... Jay? As in.... "JayB?" His chips were famous back in the day. I actually have one of his old chips laying around. Don't remember if it was him or "AdamTurbo" but there was some drama concerning someone down there and their business. "ZombieSS" brought it all to light. Bit of a nasty situation, but that was all a long time ago. :p

I'm still trying to get a handle on the HKS setup... unfortunately, the chips were actually custom made by HKS almost two decades ago for specific cars, and they don't seem to have the information on the car setup anymore for most of the chips. Mine is an "unknown," and i'm having a hard time getting it to play nice with my setup. I have a lead that shows that it might have been used on one of the old Rod Millen Probes, which was only using 390cc injectors and a t-bird hybrid turbo, which would explain why i'm having a hard time pulling enough fuel back out using the GCC.

At least i have a backup with an old ZombieSS 440cc chipped ECU that i can always just plug in. Don't like the unknown timing advance on that one, though. Scares me.

But yes... "sleeper" is about right... as long as you don't notice the obnoxious exhaust. (I left the stock muffler on the back, though)

Appreciate the kind comments!!!! :D

GT4times2

No problem :) . And yes, That's Jay B. (Wow, how time flies). He's on the West Coast now (Part owner/tuner @ Mynes Tuning), tuning Evos, STis, Minis and GT-Rs etc. :)

GT4times2

Some sweet daily driven cars. I'm starting to get the itch for something fun! (I'll even take semi-fun at this point)

I love the Subie and the Monaro, I mean GTO.. :p

There's an Australian guy near me who has a black one, but with all the Holden badges, lowered on some 3 pc wheels. Looks badass!!

XLarge

That´s a Toyota Starlet. Modelcode is EP8 and it shares the platform and engine family with the US Paseo and Tercel. Followed up by the last Starlet EP9 the Starlet was replaced by the Vitz, witch is named "Yaris" here in Europe.

GT4times2

Those Starlets are fun cars. I used to drive my friend's EP82 (RHD, dealer tagged) in NYC 11 yrs ago. We'd surprise Hondas/Acuras all day long with that car. Good times 8) . Power to weight ratio on those cars is nice. He then moved to Tennessee with the car.

XLarge

Here in europe Toyota only sold the 1.0 and the 1.3 liter n/a with 55 and 75/86 HP .In Japan there was a turbo version avaiable. Powered by a 4E-FTE they came with 135 HP and as usual there are tons of aftermarket parts to push this little rockets even further.

97JZA80

Alright...I'll play...

So after my truck went to my brother (see his earlier response) i picked up a GX470. Intention was for my wife to get it full time and I would get her older GS400. She drove the truck for a week and told me she'd rather drive the car. So I drive the truck and she gets the car. But we really switch it up constantly, keeps things interesting.

2qlhm5d.jpg

16ktdz6.jpg

Sport Package GX, a little harder to find. Interior has silver accents near radio and black wood trim in various places. The biggest difference with the Sport Package is the KDSS Suspension.

29axrmr.jpg

CMS-GT4

People usually go to evos from alltracs, not the other way around. ;)
At least you know where the bar is set when building your alltrac.