top secret

Pictures, Videos, and Links to other Media

Re: top secret

Postby aus jd 2703 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:52 pm

Personally it's the whole u cut in the bumper that wrecks it for me. But the lights look good I like the idea and the look but yeh it needs refinement. Curious did u have toremove the faux carbon trim below the bonnet trim or did u choose too?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
aus jd 2703
Established Member

Postby wannabe toms racer » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 pm

thanx man, i guess some ppl just expect a bloody mess from a stone er something. :lol:
shell look nice when im done, but the benefit to this is people are even more confused at what im driving now :lol:
ill keep you guys updated :smokes:
Adam 'Akiba' Armstrong
90 audi 80 quattro- new projekt
Stubborn ass '91 alltrac - traded!
dont let ANYONE fool you money CAN buy happiness...
OR at least SUPPORT it...
wannabe toms racer
Established Member

1991 Toyota Celica

Postby wannabe toms racer » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:10 pm

aus jd 2703 wrote:Personally it's the whole u cut in the bumper that wrecks it for me. But the lights look good I like the idea and the look but yeh it needs refinement. Curious did u have toremove the faux carbon trim below the bonnet trim or did u choose too?

the bumper is a spare from the blacktrac, my original got wasted when i had to get pulled out of the lake last winter, so yea thatl change too lol
the plastic fake carbon had to go. im going for a more 205 look, even if the plastic was still intact (yea sumone backed into it n trashed it) the lights sit low in the OEM frogeye cavities so i couldnt make them work.
the amazing thing is i didnt have to adjust them at all :shock: theyre like perfectly aligned just by me eying it up while i was making the brackets! i think its luck, but this may be a recognition of a very valuable skill 8)
but yea im happy with the look so far n its only gonna get better :smokes:
Adam 'Akiba' Armstrong
90 audi 80 quattro- new projekt
Stubborn ass '91 alltrac - traded!
dont let ANYONE fool you money CAN buy happiness...
OR at least SUPPORT it...
wannabe toms racer
Established Member

1991 Toyota Celica

Postby WarTowels » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:36 am

It's pretty goofy looking with all the weird gaps you have created. Seems like the head lights should open more, reducing those gaps, then that would allow for a normal bumper trim to be put back instead of sheet metal.

-Towels
2003 S2000
1985 300TD
WarTowels
Gold GTfour God

Postby SleepingTurbo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:22 pm

have you seen the RE-Amemiya RX7 flat headlight conversion? this reminds me of that, and i think it would be cool to a full removal of the flip and to cover the headlights in a molded pice of polycarbonate. thatd would be badass. lookd decent though. get a new bumper.
May be moving on from the All Trac world.
SleepingTurbo
Club Member

Previous

Return to Gallery