Mo' pictures of my 185

Pictures, Videos, and Links to other Media

Mo' pictures of my 185

Postby Phonger » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:53 pm

Well another week, more crap I put on. Now my brother thinks i'm being a bit "too fast too furious" but screw him he drives a riced out honda prelude (well, it pretty much has everything you could possible do on an N/A engine, but he does just to have it not to go fast). I couldnt care less, this stuff makes my car look/sound purty. Check out these pics:

I had to cut the BOV kit by about an inch. And even then it took a rubber hammer and alot of blood, sweat, and tears to get on.
Also had to cut the fuse box to make sure the BOV fit under the hood, a little worried about water getting in.
The IC no longer sits on anything it floats above the engine, another problem with the kit. I dont foresee this as a problem though.
Vented tails, there's no slot for the turn signal bulb, we will see how it works out at night.
The Intake kit, universal crap filter and the tube part of an HKS kit
New clear corners, yes my bumper was f'ed up by some nit wit in my school parking lot, no note nothing.
Dont ask me how but i found dog food at the bottom of the stock intake! maybe the previous owner was behind a Petco truck or something.

No stall problems whatsoever, however i've only let off the gas on boost, dont know how it will act when I shift gears. When I installed the Air filter only, it made an owl sound when i left off. Kinda cool but I like the sound of this better. Sunday I think i'll get to installing my new TurboXS manual boost controller, maybe.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Phong Tran
1990 All-Trac
Visit my site for no reason
Phonger
Club Member

Postby Griffin » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:23 pm

The dog food thing is usually related to rats or squirrels making a home in the intake.
Dave Staba
Owner - DD Performance Research
SOLD - 1990 Black ST185
Current - 2000 Celica GTS , 2000 MR2 Spyder, 2013 Scion FR-S
Sealy, TX
Griffin
Established Member

Postby beej » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:18 am

second series vented tails, with 1st series lights....interesting.....actually doesnt look that bad

looks like insalling that BOV was fun.....hakcsaw or stanley knife ? :twisted:

:thumbsup: good werk man, looks good
"ITS A VENT GODDAMIT NOT A F#$KING SCOOP!!!!!"
beej
Club Member

Postby RIalltrac » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:10 pm

with the vented tails, I just took the bulb out. I dont like the idea of a hot bulb just floating around in there.
Chris - 90 ST185
RIalltrac
GTFour God

Postby toayoztan » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:51 pm

Your t-hose makes me jealous...i really should get the ambition to order my t-hose to install my mr2 bpv.

Your dog food picture makes me laugh all the time lol. I once found a bottle cap, a quarter, and a few price tags in there...Looks like i had one hell of a squirrel!

Bryan
2017 Pilot Elite
2014 Juke NISMO RS
1994 Supra TT 6spd
1993 Alltrac - http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37466
1977 Celica GT Liftback
2015 Grom
1977 GL1000
toayoztan
GTFour God

1993 Toyota Celica

Postby Phonger » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:50 pm

Yea I soon realised that it was a 92-93 vented tail, but it doesnt look bad so it stays. The T hose from 935 is about half an inch too long on both sides, so i had to hack it to death. I'll take the bulb out soon, those lights dont do much but look cooler at night, and I dont think there's a legal reason to keep them in. Thanks for the comments! see yall later. :lol:
Phong Tran
1990 All-Trac
Visit my site for no reason
Phonger
Club Member

Postby Rick89GTS » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:29 am

toayoztan wrote:....
Your dog food picture makes me laugh all the time lol. I once found a bottle cap, a quarter, and a few price tags in there...Looks like i had one hell of a squirrel!......

A good reminder for all of us who store our cars to check 'em over carefully before getting back on the road. Damn squirrels :shoots:
Rick89GTS
GTFour God

Return to Gallery