My 1990 Celica GT Four (RC Conversion)

FC Zach

I did the same front brake set up as Redswan, I'll PM you so I don't clutter his thread with what I did.

Redswan

OS Giken STR twin plate installed.

So,

i'm still 6,000 miles away from my car and the things I love. My friend finally finished up putting in the OS Giken STR clutch in the Celica. It was a little difficult from his explanation. He had trouble getting the clutch disc staying in place with the plastic alignment tool and it always seemed a hair off when he got the tranny lined up. He went around in circles with this for a while.

We worked together to come up with a solution and we decided to bolt the tranny on finger tight and slightly use the clutch pedal to assist in aligning the plates with the splines together (if that makes sense). Then he tightened down the tranny and used the pedal to loosen tension on the plates and it went right in.

Not that many will attempt this, but I wanted to share incase anyone finds themselves in the same situation.

So feedback on driving it from my friend. The pedal is very soft and easy to engage. it feels like the engagement is on/off. There is some pretty good chatter from the clutch, but that is to be expected. Overall I am really excited the clutch. i can't wait to get home and drive it.

Redswan

First project for it when I get home installation of this TD06 kit.

I picked up a ST205 WRC/"anti-lag" manifold online today. I have been looking at it and I wonder if I could make the anti-lag function on it. I have a few spare turbos laying around.

It might be time for an experiment. :shock:

CMS-GT4

Let me know when you get back so I can send you that Baggie of stickers. Still going to the Midwest?

Redswan

CMS-GT4":3lymcz59 said:
Let me know when you get back so I can send you that Baggie of stickers. Still going to the Midwest?

Josh,

I head back in the next 4-6 weeks maybe. I am still moving to the Kansas City area. Maybe we can meet up there once I get settled. :shrug:

CMS-GT4

Yeah, we might be able to organize a mini meet somewhere. I think Mark is from that area and there might be another at member there already. Its about 4hr from here. So there might be a decent middle ground to meet.

Redswan

CMS-GT4":3lf3ads6 said:
Yeah, we might be able to organize a mini meet somewhere. I think Mark is from that area and there might be another at member there already. Its about 4hr from here. So there might be a decent middle ground to meet.

Sounds great! I can't wait.