My new st165 w/Gen 4 swap

MARLON1211

eric thompson":2cxa1mus said:
Today is day 1 with my new st165 w/ a Gen 4 swap courtesy of Prime Performance. ST205 trans, 15x8 +20 225/50 tires. It needs some TLC but the motor feels great so far. View attachment 1

Cool man congrats. Bryan and his team are the best in NJ.
I also live in NJ maybe we can meet someday and check out the car.

klue

eric thompson":6913rmvp said:
Its whatever they sell on their site... South Bend stg2 daily.
I've been advised that since the Clutch Master Cyl is original I should replace and bleed system.... Pretty sure we all know that will have ZERO effect on slipping.
Guess I'm now using my suspension budget for the clutch. FML!

Yes your right, slipping is all in the mechanics of the PP.
If you cant get any help with the clutch let me know, I will get you a good rate

underscore

Stupid question but what clutch slave rod is in there? I thought our cars could have clutch engagement issues if the length isn't right.

underscore":10le5rv5 said:
Stupid question but what clutch slave rod is in there? I thought our cars could have clutch engagement issues if the length isn't right.

OEM as far as I can tell. I will be replacing the slave as well and installing the extended rod

CSAlltrac

I would pressure them into helping you, in a professional manner I mean. Ask if they can provide parts or cover at least half. I would think that is fair. That's a surprise that they aren't wanting to help much. They have always been very stand up when I have dealt with them. :shrug:

I had no problems with Justin at all but he was definitely vague on some details of the swap.... More should's and probably's than I would give my customers... But I overlooked it since I wanted the car so much.