92 GT4 -- alive and well

kilt88

My 1992 Celica GT4 (AllTrac Turbo) is up and running again. I'm just about to finish engine break-in, then I'll get to tuning the sites beyond 150 kpa on the Autronic. :D

I've limited boost to 0.5 bar during break-in, and pushed her only to 5,000 rpms during the first 500 miles. I'm now almost at 1,000 miles, and taking her to 6,000. Not long, and all hell will break loose!

Full set of pics is here:
http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=102864

92136936.jpg

92136928.jpg

92136923.jpg

92136975.jpg

Aaron

That is one nice-looking vehicle. The rims look great with the red paint for some reason. I normally don't like red, but it's definitely working. Are those 17's or 18's? I'd freaking love to own a '92 or '93. Anyone selling their tail lights? :)

kilt88

> That is one nice-looking vehicle.

Thanks!

> The rims look great with the red paint for some reason. I normally don't like red, but it's definitely working.

That was all by design. I chose a slightly darker red than stock when getting it painted, and I wanted a contrasting color for the wheels; thus, gunmetal.

> Are those 17's or 18's?

17x8

> I'd freaking love to own a '92 or '93. Anyone selling their tail lights?

92's/93's go faster, too. ;-)

...josh

InitialD93

Josh... id just like to say....your car is like angels voices....

now when u gona get poly bushing sets back in stock u homo :p lol :smokes: j/k

kilt88

InitialD93":3c6924xd said:
Josh... id just like to say....your car is like angels voices....

now when u gona get poly bushing sets back in stock u homo :p lol :smokes: j/k

They're all in stock! :) I think we're a bit behind on the webstore inventory.

josh

kilt88

chris_dittrick":21wyedxq said:
Wow Josh, your car is looking damn mean!! :D

That's cool you say that, because I was intentionally wanting a mean look. Others have told me that, while driving down the highway, and I come up from behind, it's a really menacing look. That was the goal. :)

Puffy

I like it because these cars are tuff and yours looks it 8) ...... would love to see some engine bay pics.

kilt88

Afro":3bpon9z1 said:
I like it because these cars are tuff and yours looks it 8) ...... would love to see some engine bay pics.

There are a few here from last fall, right after I got it running.
http://www.185performance.com/josh/gt4/tuning

It's all torn apart again, though. W/A is going on, battery being moved to trunk, things mounted more properly, etc. I'm using a Mustang Cobra's w/a heat exchanger along w/ the Group A ic, and a Teel pump. Pics soon.

For now, I'm on the CT26, to prove a few points to the masses (especially to the MR2 masses).

josh

Vaportrail

Josh... it's about dang time!!!!!! I've gotta say though... those pics don't do your paint job any justice. I mean, the pics look great... and the red looks great... but up close and personal, that red looks a ton better!!! **for those reading this... the color of Josh's car is more like his avatar than what the pictures show**

Hey... so now that your car is done, let me know when I can drop mine off to you. :D I now have a daily driver, so I can afford to be without my baby while you take care of her. ;) Ya' know... the good 'ol head gasket leak... now I have an exhaust leak which sounds like it's coming from around the manifold. And there might be another oil leak coming from somewhere.

How's the "other" job treating you? How's the wife? I could sure have some more of that banana bread. Any kids on the way yet? :shrug:

Seriously though, let me know if you'd be interested in taking on my project car. :smokes:

Peace,

Mike

kilt88

> Josh... it's about dang time!!!!!!

Ya, I always have too many projects going at once. Shortly after I pulled the engine on the 185, I started the buildup on an RA29: sidedrafts, full suspension, fuel mods, etc.... That car sold before I even got the 185 done....hahaha.

> I've gotta say though... those pics don't do your paint job any justice. I mean, the pics look great... and the red looks great... but up close and personal, that red looks a ton better!!!

Ya, I'm quite pleased. That was the first nice weather the car has seen since I tore it down in late 2001 -- Colorado Springs was around 70-75 deg F all weekend, and the car drove great. I had already sold my stock non-GrpA hood, but hadn't yet put on the w/a system. So I was actually driving around w/ the a/a under there. You should have seen the intake temps at stoplights -- doh!

> Hey... so now that your car is done, let me know when I can drop mine off to you. :D I now have a daily driver, so I can afford to be without my baby while you take care of her. ;) Ya' know... the good 'ol head gasket leak... now I have an exhaust leak which sounds like it's coming from around the manifold. And there might be another oil leak coming from somewhere.

Ya, let's talk.

> How's the "other" job treating you?

IT is not what it was in dot.com. oh well..... I keep side gigs going all the time anyway -- ecommerce integration, etc.

> How's the wife? I could sure have some more of that banana bread.

Hahah -- she's great. We went to Nepal in Feb, and now she's in Australia visiting her sister, coming home on Monday. You'll have to try some of her serious cooking -- that bread was nothing. We're hoping to get moved back into town (Denver / Castle Rock / CoSprings) this year -- we'll start throwing more parties then. I'll have her make up some authentic Nepali food -- you'll love it.

> Any kids on the way yet? :shrug:

no no no!

> Seriously though, let me know if you'd be interested in taking on my project car. :smokes:

Ya, no problem. Space is the issue. You should see the inventory now for 185 Performance. We'll work something out, though.

Laterzzzz....