Group B Rally video

celicat93

KICK ASS!!!! lol I love rally, I wish American's would wake up and find out what real racing is :D At least they're putting Formula 1 on now, maybe there's hope...?

RIalltrac

very sweet, america will never wake up, theres just not enough market here. Most anyone who buys a car in this country is mostly interested in making it street fast, not rally fast.

Shaggz00

Very awesome!
Who were the people that it talked about that died? was it the driver and co-driver of the yellow Audi?

Kyoto

Although there were a number of deaths during the Grp B years I'll hazard a guess the clip is talking about Henri Toivonnen (and his navigator) who were killed when their Delta Integrale S4 flew off a cliff!

beej

Stinger":toqm8dlz said:
Does anyone have that gt4 rally video? its like sortof the history of the gt4 and sainz

yer ive got it......its a piece off the DVD "Worlds Greatest Rally Cars"

Kyoto

I love the footage of all the PIkes Peak runs at the end of that DVD, havent watched it recently but i think from memory it shows you the Audis and Peugots mainly. That sequence of the driver hammering up the road into blinding afternoon sun, casually steering with one hand as he uses his other hand to shield his eyes is absolutely classic! :D

1stGenAllTrac

wow i'm so diggin up my Group B vid when i get home. . i got the VHS recap of the 1986 season. its pretty sweet, .. and u can see why they got banned, they show the big crash where one of the peugot 205's goes off into the crowd at around 100mph

also there's a neat little article on the audi s1 in this months' sport compact car mag.

i effing love group B cars... i shoulda bid on the 205 t16 on ebay a couple years ago in the uk. just having it sit in my garage would be good enough for me ! lol