Group A from OZ

aus jd 2703

hey puffy i have 205 calipers, what exactly will i have to do to get them to fit like urs?
did u maching the caliper or adda spacer/bracket?
if u dont mind how much did your hats and rotors set u back?
sorry its one of the nicer set ups using 205 brakes hence all my questions

Puffy

Hi Aus, I got the rotors for about $600.
I used a bracket to mount the caliper but could have filled and re tapped the original caliper mounting holes :shrug:
No spacers used. The inner hub offset aligned the rotor center in the caliper, mindful of the clearance of the lower ball joint,
The outer hub offset pushes the wheels out giving wheel clearance from the caliper whilst staying inline with the guard.
Needed to get extended wheel studs.

I do not think the hubs would be cheap.... I did all the specs, design and with mates rates it still hurt.
They need to be milled from T6061 hardened grade aluminium and not many companies are interested in one offs.

If it gets too hard... just order a set of these CP5570-1018.G8 8)

Puffy

Gave it a wash today and took some pics as proof :D
Stock interior is in along with seat belts and parcel tray.
ST205 spare fits nicely in the 185 boot well.
I lifted the JICS by an inch also

Got some "chatter noise" from the rear which increases with speed and disappears when I lightly apply the hand brake so will need to try find the problem.

img4702d.jpg

img4678t.jpg

img4712f.jpg

img4723b.jpg

img4747in.jpg

img4762s.jpg

img4767i.jpg

img4771.jpg

deecee

beautiful pics Puffy - you've become my new desktop surpassing Juha Kankkunen on a jump with Kilimanjaro in the background!

Meurz

I won't get much cleaner than this.. Just need to get a matching mirror Puffy! :wink:
Good to see the 205 spare wheel as well! Poker face at the post office.. "To Australia?!" :shock: "Yeah, he just got a puncture".

Puffy

Meurz":338i4z0p said:
I won't get much cleaner than this.. Just need to get a matching mirror Puffy! :wink:
Good to see the 205 spare wheel as well! Poker face at the post office.. "To Australia?!" :shock: "Yeah, he just got a puncture".
Cheers Meurz - Still got plenty of tread considering how much its traveled :lol:
What color mirrors? Im thinking black looks better over the white elephant ears.

athousandleaves":338i4z0p said:
All drooling aside, as worthy as the pictures may be, what are those plaques bolted into the floor of your trunk?
The plaques on the floor are Toyota build plates.
Gotta quote these when ordering Group A parts through toyota Australia to prove legitimate ownership.

aus jd 2703":338i4z0p said:
Hey puffy any interior shots? Ps when ya wanna sell ya stock bonnet?
No interior pics. Looks pretty stock without the race seats and bracing
As for selling the stock bonnet.... thats a big :nono:

aus jd 2703

Puffy":2g4x9fed said:
Gotta quote these when ordering Group A parts through toyota Australia to prove legitimate ownership.
:
thats funny cause ive got my local toyota to give me prices on a group A bonnet and they hever asked for a vin?? wonder if they ask when u order??

athousandleaves

Puffy":45195r2o said:
athousandleaves":45195r2o said:
All drooling aside, as worthy as the pictures may be, what are those plaques bolted into the floor of your trunk?
The plaques on the floor are Toyota build plates.

Ah, I see... I thought they just wanted the numbers from the two plates in your engine bay.
Seems like Toyota Aus. really got their panties in a twist over the Grp. A parts eh!?