Transformation

RIalltrac

Well here is my current development, from stock to how I have it as of today. I'm getting there, slowly but surely

Stock (except for Aussie exhaust already fitted)

enginebay2ca.png

Install of ARC tmic/straight intake & catch can (very sloppy might I add)

picsofcar00427kb.jpg

Removed catch can (gotta find a good place to put it), relocated battery, and moved fuse box along with just tidying up a bit.

picsofcar01410tq.jpg

No more EGR

picsofcar01211oe.jpg

Battery in hatch, I dont have a box yet. I'll get around to fabbing one up one of these days.

picsofcar01618oz.jpg

Doesnt seem like much has changed, but man has it ever made a difference for room in the engine bay

Gary

I like I like. :)
Get rid of the cruise control actuator and the charcoal canister too.
Mine are gone, the new steering wheel is going in soon, no place for the cruise control.

RIalltrac

Is there anything in particular that I have to "mod" in order to lose the cruise control? mine doesnt work anywho. Still kinda skeptical on the charcoal canister though. I want to see something thats functional that wont end up with me in a firey mess.

Gary

Nope. Just take it out.
I also removed the cruise control ECU below the radio.
I am trying to find a smaller canister to put in the rear of the car and vent it out.

RIalltrac

Gary":gv38bz3m said:
I am trying to find a smaller canister to put in the rear of the car and vent it out.

let me know how you make out on that. Definately interested in gaining the room and losing the weight.

RIalltrac

BraveUlysses":1wciep1o said:
Where'd ya find those battery tiedowns? I need something better than bungee cords. :oops:

the strap is part of a kit I bought from summit. The tray/bolt hold down thingy I got on ebay. I had intentions of using the tray & bolt combo up front, but there just wasnt enough room even after going to a smaller battery. I trimmed the tray and had to cut the posts that hold the metal piece on top down. I ditched the box because it was huge, and that strap was for holding the box lid on/in place. The only thing anchored to the car itself is the strap. Pretty easy install, although getting that power cable out back was a bit of a pain in the ass :wink:

Toxygene

I go to summit alot as well. I saw that they have an entire kit that encloses the battery and has a vent tube for the enclosure that keeps battery fumes from entering the car. I was going to get that kit as well as these remote battery posts for if and when the need ever arose for a jump start. Pretty trick little things but worth it.

RIalltrac

Bori":184o408w said:
Looks nice man. Where did you find the tmic?

I bought it a while back off someone on the board who had gotten it off of roo. He scrapped his plans for keeping the top mount and sold it off to me for like 500 bucks, came with the bov as well so it was a deal as far as I was concerned. Its got some bent fins, but functions beautifully :D

RIalltrac

Toxygene":2puwrv42 said:
I go to summit alot as well. I saw that they have an entire kit that encloses the battery and has a vent tube for the enclosure that keeps battery fumes from entering the car. I was going to get that kit as well as these remote battery posts for if and when the need ever arose for a jump start. Pretty trick little things but worth it.

Summit is great for those "universal" things. They tend to have the best prices and ship super fast. I've bought a couple things from there, nothing major though. I'll probably run into the kill switch problem if I ever go to the track, but I'll deal with that when that day comes