17 x 8 superleggras on jdm st185

Pictures, Videos, and Links to other Media

17 x 8 superleggras on jdm st185

Postby furpo » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:49 am

i finaly got my new wheels on the car. the are oz racing superleggras. the tyres are 215/45.

enjoy :D

Image

roger
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
don't mind me, i always need help
furpo
Club Member
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:45 am
Location: new zealand

Postby Conan » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:58 am

Narrow body??
When in doubt - increase boost.
User avatar
Conan
Established Member
 
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:38 am
Location: Lithuania

Postby jprine01 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:04 pm

I have those wheels :P How do they fit on those tires? I have 235/40's and I imagine anything skinner would look too skinny on the wheels but I dont know. But I think your tires are taller and they look good like that.
jprine01
Established Member
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby CelicaAllTrac92 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:13 pm

Yessir that's a narrow body. Wheels look good, what's the reasoning for the 215 tires though? You got a shot from the 1/4 angle?
92 All-Trac
Photo Album
Image
CelicaAllTrac92
Club Member
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:02 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA

Postby furpo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:17 am

Image

the reason for that size of tyre was that they are about 1/2 the price of anything bigger. 225/40's would have been my choice.

215 are ok. a bit streached but nothing serious. the car needs a bit of lowering going on but it will happen when funds are around.

roger
don't mind me, i always need help
furpo
Club Member
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:45 am
Location: new zealand

Postby CelicaAllTrac92 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:47 am

That looks a lot better than I was expecting with those tires, guess it's the difference in narrow/wide body. Looks really good. Can't believe it's not lowered either.
92 All-Trac
Photo Album
Image
CelicaAllTrac92
Club Member
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:02 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA

Postby C-dubb » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:09 am

My buddy has some 18" superleggeras on his S4 i was thinking of buying them from him because he is gett 19" audi wheels but i don't know if they will even fit.
Cory Wilson 1990 st185
Image
User avatar
C-dubb
Club Member
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:24 am
Location: Holland, MI

Postby Conan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:07 am

C-dubb wrote:My buddy has some 18" superleggeras on his S4 i was thinking of buying them from him because he is gett 19" audi wheels but i don't know if they will even fit.

S4 would have a 112 x 5 bolt patternt.
When in doubt - increase boost.
User avatar
Conan
Established Member
 
Posts: 2010
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:38 am
Location: Lithuania

Postby furpo » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:05 am

what offset are they? if it is about the 35mm mark you could get them redrilled. they are really nice wheels. i lost nearly 10kg of unsprung weight by going to them

roger
don't mind me, i always need help
furpo
Club Member
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:45 am
Location: new zealand

Postby C-dubb » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:45 am

Conan wrote:
C-dubb wrote:My buddy has some 18" superleggeras on his S4 i was thinking of buying them from him because he is gett 19" audi wheels but i don't know if they will even fit.

S4 would have a 112 x 5 bolt patternt.


ours are 110x5 correct? ...i'll have to ask him what the offset is maybe i can get them for a decent price and have them modified to fit...or maybe it would be better to buy the right wheels...who knows.
Cory Wilson 1990 st185
Image
User avatar
C-dubb
Club Member
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:24 am
Location: Holland, MI

Postby GT4times2 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:29 am

C-dubb wrote:
Conan wrote:
C-dubb wrote:My buddy has some 18" superleggeras on his S4 i was thinking of buying them from him because he is gett 19" audi wheels but i don't know if they will even fit.

S4 would have a 112 x 5 bolt patternt.


ours are 110x5 correct? ...i'll have to ask him what the offset is maybe i can get them for a decent price and have them modified to fit...or maybe it would be better to buy the right wheels...who knows.


Nope, they're 5x100. Real nice by the way. I hear they dont make them in anthracite anymore. Bummer. Like these:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/114 ... 9490INbGpt
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE (The Daily Pacifier)
05 Toyota Avalon XLS
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Florida

Postby C-dubb » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:02 am

GT4times2 wrote:
C-dubb wrote:
Conan wrote:
C-dubb wrote:My buddy has some 18" superleggeras on his S4 i was thinking of buying them from him because he is gett 19" audi wheels but i don't know if they will even fit.

S4 would have a 112 x 5 bolt patternt.


ours are 110x5 correct? ...i'll have to ask him what the offset is maybe i can get them for a decent price and have them modified to fit...or maybe it would be better to buy the right wheels...who knows.


Nope, they're 5x100. Real nice by the way. I hear they dont make them in anthracite anymore. Bummer. Like these:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/114 ... 9490INbGpt


5x100 thats what i was gunnin for...yes i like the anthracite, that's what's on the s4....
Cory Wilson 1990 st185
Image
User avatar
C-dubb
Club Member
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:24 am
Location: Holland, MI

Postby OnAll-FOUR » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:57 pm

furpo wrote:Image

the reason for that size of tyre was that they are about 1/2 the price of anything bigger. 225/40's would have been my choice.

215 are ok. a bit streached but nothing serious. the car needs a bit of lowering going on but it will happen when funds are around.

roger


Sorry bit of a thread revival but I just wanted to say thank you for posting these pics. I'm also searcing for new rims on my narrow body and this is exactly what I wanted to see :)

I run 205x55x16 ET40 at the momment but was looking at the 17x8 225x45x17 et35. and seeing how well they fint on yours I think I will be sweet :)
Now with the heart of a wolf500
1990 ST185 - JDM, 138.1AWhp July 06 --> 202AWHP Dec 08 with stock engine and increased boost only :)
WSID: 15.688@82.59 (Weak ;) ) : Wakefield 1:16.2
User avatar
OnAll-FOUR
Club Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Wicked Toys » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:33 pm

Those are the OZ's I should have bought.

They look sweet.
Image
User avatar
Wicked Toys
Club Member
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:54 am
Location: Rosedale, MD

Postby CelicaAllTrac92 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:44 pm

OnAll-FOUR wrote:Sorry bit of a thread revival but I just wanted to say thank you for posting these pics. I'm also searcing for new rims on my narrow body and this is exactly what I wanted to see :)

I run 205x55x16 ET40 at the momment but was looking at the 17x8 225x45x17 et35. and seeing how well they fint on yours I think I will be sweet :)

A 4 year thread revival, nice! I have 225/45/17 on mine. I love the look, only thing is according to my GPS at highway speeds the car's speedo reads about 5 mph slower than actual speed because the overall diameter is more than stock. It's easy to compensate for it though.
Pics here: http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33512 (20mm spacer on the back, 35 offset)
92 All-Trac
Photo Album
Image
CelicaAllTrac92
Club Member
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:02 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA

Next

Return to Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest