Know a good machanic in Toronto

407 celica

Hi everyone
Looking for a good toyota machanic located in the Toronto Area.
The north end of the city would be great. Just want someone who does good work for a reasonable price. Any recomendations would be great.
Merry Christmas everyone !!!

Rally Guy

Give Nelson at Elite Automotive a call at 416-244-3999, tell him Robinson sent you. He's an ex-Toyota service manager turned mechanic - is stunningly honest and does good (if sometimes slow) work. He's been maintaining my All trac for over a year and in the past has service my other rally cars. I'd even trust him with the Porsche.

Nelson also knows Yoshio (Japanese Automotive) very well and can turn to him in a pinch.

Yoshio is purported to be a 3SGTE tuning god, and also does excellent work. He put my SPEC clutch in and it's been brilliant ever since.

RK

evo

Hey Rob,

My car has been with Nelson for a week now, and he hasn't had a chance to look at it, and hasn't given me any updates. Is this normal for him? I think I'll swing by tomorrow and take it to another mechanic in the area. I know you said he sometimes does slow work, but Its been a week and he hasn't even given me a quote yet.

He is supposed to be finding a vac leak and installing a ct20b. perhaps Yoshio would be a better choice?

Rally Guy

It's not unheard of for him to take this kind of time. Because he does things right - and sometimes OVER does repairs - he can get backlogged.

I'm up there tomorrow - and I'll see what's up.

Yoshio - while much more expensive - is also way faster