WTB: st185 head

klue

Hey guys im gonna do a head swap on my motor anyone that has a complete head thats wants to sell or trade i would be intrested, local stuff only thought. If u have any info on doing this i would be intrested in hearign it too. Thanks

klue

exST165

klue,
is your current head a USDM ST-165 head with an EGR port? The JDM units don't have it. I'm trying to price out what it would take to make my ST165 emissions-friendly again and my JDM head won't pass visual as it has no EGR port.

Do a search but you are going to nead at least the exhaust manifold and the turbo for a head swap. I don't know about the intake side.

Pointzero has a ST185 engine& tranny for sale for $300. I need to rebuild my tranny or a new one. We might be able to swing a deal here by splitting Pointzero's engine & tranny and I take your old ST165 head. Yeah you'll have a short block left over but at least you will have *all* the stuff you need for the swap.

Just a thought,
Thomas

exST165

klue, are you saying that you have a 2nd gen/ST185 exhaust manifold bolted up to a 1st gen/ST165 head? I thought the bolt pattern was different, 7 vs 9 bolts.

Thomas

Do It Sidewayz

exST165":37at4lz6 said:
klue, are you saying that you have a 2nd gen/ST185 exhaust manifold bolted up to a 1st gen/ST165 head? I thought the bolt pattern was different, 7 vs 9 bolts.

Thomas

why not?? just don't use the extra holes??

exST165

As long as the other 7 line up ... sure. I just wouldn't have bet a lot that the Toyota just put two extra bolts on the 2nd gen manifold and left the other 7 where they were.

Do It Sidewayz

from what i've seen...the extra 2 holes are just above the outter two.

tm-mr2-2.JPG

i think if you take a close look at the 165, the castings for those holes are there...i'm guessing on the 185's and newer they just drilled and tapped them!

klue

yeah i have the 185 twin entry manifold on with a ct27 and custom dp.
u dont have to use all the holes. btw im keeping the turbo its a beast the dp ill be selling when i get my exhaust.

hacker_720

exST165":2yp5sayp said:
klue,
is your current head a USDM ST-165 head with an EGR port? The JDM units don't have it. I'm trying to price out what it would take to make my ST165 emissions-friendly again and my JDM head won't pass visual as it has no EGR port.

Do a search but you are going to nead at least the exhaust manifold and the turbo for a head swap. I don't know about the intake side.

Pointzero has a ST185 engine& tranny for sale for $300. I need to rebuild my tranny or a new one. We might be able to swing a deal here by splitting Pointzero's engine & tranny and I take your old ST165 head. Yeah you'll have a short block left over but at least you will have *all* the stuff you need for the swap.

Just a thought,
Thomas

Hey guys, I just threw a piston rod through my block, I need an ST185 block ASAP. I would be willing to go 1/3s on that engine taht Pointzero has for sale,

*Thomas, we meet at the celicspeed/alltrace meet over christmas, I"m the one with the Red ST185*

E-mail me at shughes@e-sonic.com and we can work out purchasing that engine.

Steve.

exST165

Steve,
Sorry to hear tha 'your' car took a hit. Should we ask what the circumstances were? I'll send you an e-mail shortly, I think we might be able to come up with an arrangement to both of our benefit, but I'm kinda strung out with work right now so I have cash but not a lot of time.

How soon do you need to get your beast on the road? Do we know if Pointzero still has his motor for sale?

Thomas

hacker_720

I dunno if he still has his engine, there is no reponce of him selling it, I posted a reply to say that I want it, so hopefully we can still get it. Do you know if Klue is still in on this?

In regards to my 'circumstances' I was actually almost home, in my own neighbourhood. I was doing about 45km/h when she blew. Really dissapointing.

Can I get your number, this forum stuff is driving me crazy. Mine is:

647 886 0759

Gabtoks

I have a 2nd gen head, complete with low mileage that I could get rid of. I would suggest to have it checked and maybe replace the valve seals etc.

I also have 2nd gen intake, and exhaust manifold. If one of you guys need it, I'm in Brampton Ontario.

Gabe
1990 ST185