WTB: cat for 165 or 185(fit?)

crazy_russian

I think I would like to try a gutted catalytic converter, the one on the downpipe. Looking at the pictures from Toyota parts catalog it looks like a cat from 162 with 3sfe might fit too. It looks the same and has all the same bolts everywhere. Anybody know if it does indeed fit?

EDIT:
Actually after looking at it again, I don't think 162 would fit, but 185 might.

hacker_720

I want to get rid of the Cat from my ST185. Are they the same? Probably not, but if they are we can trade my cat for your straight pipe. (or whatever you have insted of a cat.)

crazy_russian

The cat from ST185 looks like it might fit as well. Again different part number suffix, but looks the same in the picture and has same number of bolts everywhere. I don't have a straight pipe or anything like that to trade you though. So you probably don't want to part with you cat until you have something to replace it with, right?

martin

i have one in great shape from my st205 motor. It is not gutted but you can do that if you wish. Only $40, i'm in Toronto.

If interested.. PM me, i don't check here often.

Martin

BlazeKing

I have a cat from a 88 ST-165, if you want it $20 dollars plus shipping, should be around $30 (might make buying it obsolete)

Lymond

crazy_russian

First, thanks martin and BlazeKing for the cat offers. allblackalltrac offered to sell me one first by pm, so I figured I'd buy it off him. Now he's buying one. I am confused. Dan, is the 205 cat better, but still compatible?

hacker_720, I have a stock cat installed right now that's not gutted, but I didn't want to gut that one in case I can't get a replacement. I figured I might need one for emissions some time down the road.

hacker_720

oh, OK, I'm less confused.
To answer your question, allblackalltrac always has/wants parts, they come and go, and he has a ST205 engine that he probably wants a cat for.