Worst day of my life.

klue

Hey guys its time to vent again.

Driving down the 407 my turbo oil return line snaps and dumps my oil onto the highway. the aftermath, i spun a rod.

So, basically im looking at doing a st185 swap. I can get a front clip but i need somewhere to do the swap. if anyone has a garage or can lend a hand id appreciate it, and reimburse you as much as i could.

luke

CryoGoblin

theres these guys off of my street that work on celica swaps...and everything...bout celicas...are u lookin just to do it urself? or are u looking to paysome1 to do it?

CryoSlash

i guess celica's do have a little bit of supra in them with those stupid spun bearings :cry: lol. Yeha man i can help you out up until july 11th, thats when i go to poland for 6 weeks. i dont hve a hoist, or the most knowhow abut 3s's, but ive been working on 7m's for a while and i can help out if you need.

3sgte@daspeedof

I'm very much willing to help, and I know as of thursday to june 1st I can provide a garage to do the swap in, but it must be out by the 1st of june no exceptions. send me a pm, I think you came by my place after that meet with fred, arabian knight, and hacker, and a few others. Can you get the clip that soon

CryoGoblin

not sure but im moving to a bigger house on june 30th and i have a big garage...still not sure...but u might be able to do it there seeing how im gonna do all my work on the car there too :p and theres room for 2 tracs :)

crazy_russian

That's terrible. Sucks that celicas have no buzzer when the oil pressure goes to nil. Can you offer any advice to the rest of us, anything you wish you had done or not done a certain way?

hacker_720

Just let me know where and when and I will come over to help you out. I'm sure with a couple of us that know what we are doing, we could do the swap in one day. I'm by yorkdale mall, and if push comes to shove, we can use my garage. But we would have to push my alltrac out of there first. And it only fits one car.

Steve.

klue

just an update guys. im going to get a front clip of a 91 st185 jdm. its got 100k on the odo for around 2500 bux. ill let you guys know when its here at my house. I got the beers if anyone wants to come over :D

hacker_720

Oh man, don't even get my started on my alltrac, it's in my garage in pices. I still need a full gasket set and a couple other things like hoses and such to get it back together. The problem is my wedding is getting closer and closer so I can speed less and less on it. I need like $400.00 to get it running and it's been apart sence christmas. I have owned it for a year and driven it for a week. Oh well, soon enough....
Thanks for asking

do you guys need help on Klue's car?

klue

any help is appreciated, this is the first time im going to pull this moto so its going to be a learning experience for me, so having guys with experience is great. i sent u a pm with my address.

hacker_720

If you want to grab a head gastket too that would be great. I know they say to pull it out the bottom, but if you take off the head and take it off, then take out the block it is much eaiser. Then you can leave the tranny and diff in place. I know tyrone will agree with me on that one. And you have to do the oposite while putting it back in, so you will need a new head gasket. We can pull it as one peice, but you should change the headgasket while you are there anyway. You can get them from the Toyota dealer for $68.00, it will take them one day to get them in.

3sgte@daspeedof

headgasket can be done while the motor is out, he is pulling the whole motor and tranny as one piece, from the clip, once its off, then he can disassemble and reassemble with ease.

I would suggest pulling your motor out of your car first, or pulling the one in the clip first & throwing it on the engine stand. Much easier to do any kind of work, and yes pull the motor from the top its not that hard. I assume your gonna throw in the st185 motor & tranny or are u gonna keep using the st165tranny?

Stubble

With 3 guys, pulling out the top is pretty easy. You just need two guys to guide it out on each side. Crank pulley comes close to the PS lines, IRC. You also have to push the driver side down and tilt pass. side up to clear the left engine mount. It will become obvious when you do it.

leaving tranny in place? I'm not sure so - I had a bitch of a time getting the tranny to mate with the block with it sitting on a bench, never mind inside the engine bay. It can be done though, I've just never tried it.