Any performance shops in Toronto that specialize in All-Trac

JDMGT4

Just wondering....I know alot of you guys spend countless hours modifying and building your All-Tracs, but I was curious to know if there were any reputable shops set up in the GTA that could help tune/modify my 1990 All-Trac (due to a lack of knowledge and time).

klue

the most reputable shop i know is myself. To be honest i dont trust anyone enough to work on my car because usually the conversation goes like this:

Klue : hey you think i could get a tune up
mechanic: sure what kind of car is it
klue: a 89 toyota celica alltrac
mechanic : a celica?
klue : and alltrac!
mechanic : ok a celica
klue : ok bye (drive away)

if you need something done there are some compitent people that could do it for you. Let me know and i could help you out, or get someone who could.

JDMGT4

Hey Klue...thanks for the response! I've been contemplating either fixing my baby up or selling it all together. I've put so much money into this car...it's unbeliveable! Just swapped a new tranny, and replaced the whole exhaust system from the down pipe back. If I'm going to keep the car, I want to get a new paint job in the spring, and add more horse power to it as well. The body is starting to rust and has just over 398,000 km on it. Don't know whether the engine can withstand too much increase in boost so I just wanted to get some advice and recommendations. I had the orginal engine re-built twice, then finally just swapped it all together with a JDM import with fewer kms on it. Engine still feels pretty strong, but I you never know.

allblackalltrac

Look no further, I'm your resident 3SGTE/AllTrac expert. I dont advertise or like to blow my own horn but...I've personally worked on almost every locals car that is on this board - they can all vouch for me.

Les - ST185
Lorenzo - ST185
Mike - ST185
Jake - ST185
Steve - ST185
Jason - ST185
Tan - ST184 w/3sgte swap
Reaz - ST184 w/3sgte swap
Gian - ST184 w/3sgte swap
Joe - ST165
Edward - ST165
Luke - ST165
Sergio - ST164 w/3sgte swap
my own - ST165 and ST164 w/3sgte swap

Their are others but I cant think of them all right now. I sent you a PM with my contact info.

TomsGT4

Yeah, I've got to move back to Toronto.
Sounds like I'm missing out on a lot of mod meets.

Anyway, you have to be real careful with auto shops, especially around here where we have rusted cars due to road salt.
I've seen shops that won't bother with PB blaster & just let the bolts break & charge you for the labour to remove them.
Or they get pissed off & break something because it's a PITA & then lie & charge you for it.

You need a lot of time & patients (or experience) to work on the AT, but to shops time=money & AT experience=very little.

Sorry if I offended any mechanics out there reading the board :wink: