Vancouver meet?

CDN-GT4

Agreed, but I first posted on september 22nd and it took 6 days to get a response of any kind. If your thinking next month, just let me know when and where and I'll do my best to be there.

Rick89GTS":2mbzjdch said:
I think you're gonna need more notice than just a few days. The more lead time, the better, otherwise you get only a few cars showing up.

GT4RC

I might just have to bring my RC :D

got it yesterday and it died. waiting for the call to see whats wrong with it as i type this...

st184

Rick89GTS":1gow789v said:
st184":1gow789v said:
hows Nov 11 for everyone?

Hahha, that's cool with me.
November 11 is when I did the first Vancouver AllTrac Meet (and 2nd and 3rd also) a few years ago.

then we shall continue the tradition :D

i'm not sure as to what activites to do...as you can see i'm not much of a planner/organizer :p

thinking maybe meet at like spanish banks or Langley Colossus East lot, or somewhere central to everybody. Then maybe do a little cruise to cypress then dinner at some resturant? or go carting? =)

Rick89GTS

3s_woob":3iycorsw said:
Doh... I work... oh well you guys have fun. Maybe next year.
Hey Ryan,
What date closest to Nov 11 works for you?
We've had them on Nov 12 too, so it's not written in stone.
It'd be great to see you up here for a meet.
BTW, how come no PacNW meets anymore?

st184

a PacNW meet would be kinda cool...
i'm up for either Nov 11 or the 12th....

rick, i think u should organize this since you have more experience organizing one from previous years...=)

3s_woob

Rick... I usually work on Saturdays so the 11th is out. The 12th would work best for me but I know there's really not a whole lot to do on a Sunday. I'll be great to come up there... I'm actually going to be there on the 30th for my cousin's wedding. I'm just staying for the day though.

I really want a PacNW meet going but I just don't seem to find the time... plus it's hard to setup something up when all I can think about is when my car is going to blow! :cry: Nah I'll try to get my act together and I think I'll plan something for next spring/beginning of summer. Will most definitely keep you all posted.

Rick89GTS

st184":23291w2r said:
a PacNW meet would be kinda cool...
i'm up for either Nov 11 or the 12th....

Rick, i think u should organize this since you have more experience organizing one from previous years...=)
The PacNW Meet is Ryan's specialty.

We could have a Vancouver Meet for Nov 12th, which is a Sunday. I've organized 3 of these meets, so I'd rather have someone else come up with some fresh ideas. I'd be willing to help ya out though :wink:
One thing to do is find out where people are coming from so you can pick a relatively central location. It's not that hard, just need a few ideas to build around.

For example: the last time, we met up in Richmond Centre, b/c it was closer for our American friends, ie: Ryan :) Introductions/greetings, popped up the hoods, checked out the hardware and took pics as we chatted. Then we drove to the Cactus Club for lunch. Afterwards we went and had a couple of games of laser tag. A planned drive was aborted b/c guys had other commitments. Short and sweet, fin.

Another time we went go-karting, photo op, short drive, dinner, beer and strippers.

PS - Ryan, what up with your car?

3s_woob

Rick... it's burning lots of oil... I think my valve seals are leaking. I have feelings of a piston flying out of my block one of these days. Or even lock up from lack of oil. :cry: I need to get my car out of daily driving. But hopefully I'll figure something out to where I can make it to you meet. But it'll suck if my car dies up there. We'll see what's up... but for now I'm good to go on the meet for the 12th. So what do we have planned this time?

st184

Trying to get a good meet going. I am going to be posting on, Bcrotary, Dorikaze, supraforums, V240, bcmr2. Since all the cars on these boards belong to the same catergory, i believe we should all meet.

This is going to be an organized safe cruise. If you act stupid you may just bring it down for the rest of us. We will be taking back roads, so you may expect spirited driving. Just dont push it OK

Spirited driving=Twisty roads, with lots of braking and accelerating.

So Details....

Time: Sunday November 5th, 11:30 am

Starting point:Guildford Mall (Near Famous Players)

Destination:Harrison Lake or Whistler? PLEASE SAY WHERE YOU WOULD LIKE TO GO!

Bring:Gas(dont want to make a pit stop and lose have the cars), Frs radios, Cell phones, and driving music.

I want to just cruise to one destination that is fairly far. Rather than just drive aimlessly around the city. I WANNA SEE SOME SCENERY! Rain or Shine.
For routes, i am not quite to sure yet. I would like to take lougheed out through Mission, maybe follow it all the way to Harrison? I dunno.
I think Guildford mall is pretty neutral for ne one living in the lower mainland to get too. Might be further for some. I live 25 min away.

That was just a copy and paste of what i have said on the other local boards. You are all welcome to come join cruise. Please drive safe and be responsible for your actions. There will be lots of pics being takin, and lots of nice driving. Unfourntly it could rain, i cant control the weather... yet... but untill then, maybe plan for rain and bring an umbrella.

Boards this Msg has been posted on

http://www.bcmr2.com/forums/phpBB2/view ... 8774#78774
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showth ... ost4641131
http://www.vancouver240sx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=65
http://www.dorikaze.com/showthread.php?t=17991
http://www.bcrotary.com/showthread.php?t=1353

Thanks Very much

Adam S.

*UPDATED AS OF Oct 18

1. Adam Soucie-Cressida
2. Jared Clark-240
3. Courtenay Whynot-240
4. Kyle Nation-240
5. Cam Bonner-510
6. Sketch from Dk - 86
7Jeremy Norquay/Daryl Hall - (Pending weather)-SUPRA
8. Tariq Dalmir-240
9. Brook Reimer-Honda Civic
10.Tim from DK- 86
11.Cbez-Rx7
12.Mazdaspeedt2-Rx7
13.Bc-se-Rx7
14.thunderinthevalley-Rx7

*UPDATE Oct 18th

Since some issues have been brought up on Bcrotary, fearing of cop pressence and such. I just have one warning; Dont drive like an idiot! We all know what will happen. 2 will race, others will try and catch up and some cop sitting around a corner who will see. A cop can not "bust" me or anyone else if we are just driving.

This is why i put it on a Sunday afternoon. Not a Friday or Saturday night. This is going to be a civil afternoon cruise. Where we will hit up some nice scenery, and cruise with and i quote "Teh sweetest cars ever (rear wheel drive JDM)!".

Maybe we can get the news, and make this a "protest cruise". Protesting that Vancouver sets up a legimate race park(Drfing, autox, drag, circuit.. w/e) where ppl like us can have accsess to a little easier and more often then anything currently availiable.

Anyone have conections?

CDN-GT4

I think I'll try and make the drive on the 5th, but I'd still like to meet up with some of you guys on the 12th. Even if it's just a meet & greet with food.

CDN-GT4":2n733av6 said:
12pm meet up at Langley Colossus East lot and head out for a bite to eat after?