unoffical: ATCC test & tune @ TMP(Cayuga)

allblackalltrac

Ok Im just throwing this out there to see if anyone might be interested in a meet and race day event at Toronto Motorsport Park in Cayuga, On.

This will be an unoffical meet. I want to take my car to the track before it goes into storage. I probablly wont have another opportunity to do so as I WILL be selling the car and WILL most likely be sold before the next opening.
I plan on going to Rally of the Tall Pines this year so the 25th is booked for me that day, any other day on the up coming weekends I will be free. Again weather permitting, it will be very spontanious so Im not making any definte plans as to which day I'll be going. However if a nice weekend presents itself - I wont pass up the oppurtunity.

TMP is offering Test & Tune events every weekend Sat & Sun for the rest of the month.
These will be the last weekends before they close the track for the rest of the year.
TMP is located 1.5 hrs south of Toronto, visit their website for details.

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/

For those thinking about going, keep a few things in mind:
Your car must be in top runing condition. No leaking fluids of any kind, lights and seat belts must be in working condition. If you have a battery re-located to the hatch you must have an external kill switch. Batteries must be secured down by bolts - not bungee cords or tie straps. Failure to comply with these rules will prohibit your vehicles entry to the track. If you run a 13 sec ET or lower you will have to wear a helment or asked to slow down or be kicked out.

allblackalltrac

Well they closed for the season so it doesnt look like I'll be draging the car anything soon, but the dyno shops are open all year round so at least I can get an idea of what kind of power Im putting down.

I'll keep this thread alive so we can make dates for next season.

martin

i'll go in April as i have been challenged by a local mk2 mr2. Need to put him in his place. :D :lol:

Martin

allblackalltrac

Hey Martin, count me in. I know you'll be able to beat me, but I think I can give an MK2 a run for its money. I say you let me race him first if he cant beat me he wont beat you. I dont know what would be more embarassing though loosing to a MK1 or a Celica, lol. Who is it btw and what mods does he have?

martin

you probably know the mk2 guy. He is MRQ on TN and other forums. I tend to bash the mk2 guys so i have been challenged. He's got a built motor with t3/4, ems, etc. No worried. :smokes:

Martin

allblackalltrac

Ya I know Quan. Well I dont know if I'll still have the halftrac come spring but if I do I'll be down for some racing. I think with more boost and race gas I can make him work for his money. What are his and your projected 1/4 times - high 12 low 13's? I used a friends G-Tech (PRETTY ACURATE FROM INDEPENDANT TESTING) - opps caps was on, got a high 13 with only 10PSI.

martin

well, not sure what he can do but on my first ever run with no practice, etc i did a 13.6 at 100 but i let off in 4th and cruised in 5th due to the clutch slipping like crazy.

With the new clutch i can feel a huge diffrence. I won't be happy if i don't hit a 12.9

Martin

allblackalltrac

Isnt a gen3 motor in a MKI chassis supposed to do high 12's bone stock?
IIRC a guy on MR2OC did it, or was that w/gen2?
Are you the only one with the gen3/MKI setup so far?

martin

allblackalltrac":335vw58u said:
Isnt a gen3 motor in a MKI chassis supposed to do high 12's bone stock?
IIRC a guy on MR2OC did it, or was that w/gen2?
Are you the only one with the gen3/MKI setup so far?

the only gen 3 in Ontario. There are 2 or 3 in Alberta, a couple in the US and a few overseas. 80% of them are with gen2's.

Bone stock they should be low 13's but it comes down to the driver and how good the launch is.

Martin

klue

a guy 2 units down at the body shop i worked at, had a the aw11 with a gen3, and a aw11 that was supercharged.