C's Short shifter on a RHD

C's Short shifter on a RHD

Postby 5thgenbliss » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:25 am

hey i've been reading that the C's short shifter leans to the right for RHD GT4s. Those of you who have the C's, do you like the lean or would the TWM shifter with no lean be just as good?

Where online can i get a C's shifter for a 92 GT4? i've not had much luck searching.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
5thgenbliss
Club Member

Postby Corey » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:22 pm

GET THE C'S !!

awesome shifter. i love it. the lean is perfect for RHD.

You can find them on Yahoo.co.jp auction quite freaquently for our cars. i got mine for about 210 bucks landed i think.

You have to bid through www.rinkya.com as no seller on yahoo japan will sell internationally :roll:

btw, ive never tried the TWM shifter. but the c's is great. id rather have the lean then no lean at all

And while you're in there, might as well get a beautiful Redline goods leather shift boot to go with it. only cost about 55$ shipped from Poland.

Id suggest ordering it an inch or so shorter, as you can see mine is pretty baggy.
Corey
GTFour God

1989 Toyota Celica

Postby Corey » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:42 pm

http://search1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/ ... 0jp&acc=jp

Here's the link to the section with Toyota C's Shifters

No ST185 available at the moment. I did see an ST205. but that wont work.

will have to keep an eye on it.

You can use google toolbar to translate the pages so you can try different searchs

corey
Corey
GTFour God

1989 Toyota Celica

Postby YerRandO » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:20 pm

I've got a TWM in my 6th gen and I love it, specially with there height adjustable weighted shift knob. I definatly wouldn't hesitate to but one for my alltrac now that I've owned one. Great company to deal with, answered afew questions I had very quickly, even offered a student discount and also a discount when purchasing a shift knob with it. Nice short throw, feels very precise. However I've only ever heard good things about C's shifters as Corey can attest to, the only complaints I've ever read are when people try to use it in a LHD because they lean the wrong way.
1990 Alltrac -white: Garage Queen

-James
YerRandO
Club Member

Re: C's Short shifter on a RHD

Postby timmey » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:30 am

If you can find a C's, get it! It's much better, I feel.

It is designed specifically for st185s for optimal shifting performance. I don't think it sits as low, but it's not for looks.

Timmey
- 91 JDM Celica GT-Four A (Pre-facelift Widebody)
Project: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2926
timmey
Club Member

Return to Canada