How's life on Vancouver Island?

Slink

All you guys who live there... Do you like it ???

I naturally try to supress it but I kind of HATE!!!!!! the city with a passion.

Just wondering how the job situation is over there... Are they similar to Vancouver and short on workers, or not?

And also, how are the Drivers/the Driving

Oh yeah and how's the Rent!? lol

THANKS!

Corey

I like it alot, but have kindof lived here just about all my life lol.

Job situation in nanaimo can be tough. I know my mom who has a bachelor of arts in business/accounting with distinction has a though time finding a well paying job (+15/h) because she is usually "over qualified"

Here in nanaimo there are never any traffic jams. drivers are the usual breed lol, some retarded, some not. and it doesnt take long too long to get out of town to find decent driving roads.

I'd have to guess the rent is Considerably less than that of vancouver :shrug:

I think car insurance is cheaper also.

Slink

Thx! I'm sure the auto insurance is cheaper & there is no AirCare to worry about :doh:

Are there a lot of driving schools over there? That's where I would work. :)

Slink

Cool thx!

I think it's just the time of year that makes me want to flee... Everyone is sooooo frantic..

lol I can see myself moving over there though.. just not right away

Also my Alltrac was originally sold on the Island.. so. it would naturally love it there :)

JDM-GT4

I have lived somewhere on the island my whole life, and I absolutely love it.. Best place ever!
I have had nervous breakdowns driving through Vancouver and have never had one here. Driving is great, as Corey said, never a traffic jam.. awesome back road driving all across the island.
I live in a 2 bedroom basement with my best friend with everything included (heat, water, satellite, internet, laundry) for $700. My good friend in Vancouver had a 2 bedroom apartment with nothing included and she was paying $1400... so haha, I'd say rent is a hell of a lot better here!!
Depending on what kind of job you are looking for it can go both ways. I have tons of work, but my career is booming right now.
It is always nice to have a change in scenery. Let us know what you think!

Slink

Thx for the replies!!

I think I will prob. end up moving there, sometime.. I Can't leave yet because my mom and I Have a '65 Mustang.. If I moved away I would suffer withdrawls ...

I teach people how to drive in Vacnvouer traffic every day, so the mental breakdown in traffic doesn't really bother me since I am used to near death experiences and such on a daily basis lol :lol: But on my days off I crave SPACE.. I don't fit in the city I don't think, I'm way too laid back to fit in with all the frantic drivers and I like to drive on roads that don't have any Red lights LoL.. which is kinda hard to find around here :shoots:

At least I have Mt. Seymour

Stinger

I was going to live on the island while im working in Canada but there wernt to much jobs in my field. So i stuck with Vancouver :D