What size are your snow tires?

Slink

Yo!

People who live in the Cold part of Canada?! Help me out , what size snow tires do you have on your Alltrac ?!?! or what do you recommend?

I'm moving to -40c land and I want snow tires.. Right now I have all-season 225/50/15's apparently this is an odd and impossible size to find anyway, plus snow tires should be skinner shouldn't they ?

let me know what you guys have if you're happy with them, also the brand

I want to use the stock rims

I had a wicked set of Nokian Hakkapelitta's (I think they are called WR now)
so I kinda bias towards that brand, but let me know what else is awesome

THANKS!

nokiangj6.jpg

Nokians ^^^ SOrry but Im' obsessed with pix of stuff !

Hakkas are still available and are an unbelievable snow tire for sure.

WRs are the new Nokian all-weather tire. depending where you are going in BC if there is a lot of snow or or not.

WRs are basically an awsome all-season tire that is decent in the dry, great in the rain and is the only all-season tire that has the approved severe winter weather symbol on it; so basically its a decent snow tire.

if you like Nokian, why not stick to it. I personally haven't tried any of them but have heard nothing but great things.

snow tires i've used and liked in the past are Pirelli A210s snowsport 240s, and Toyo Garrit HT (with walnut bits in it), and Toyo Snowprox 952s

out of all those i like the old A210s. Reason why i picked these tires for my cars in the past is the H and V speed ratings.

Blizzaks and Dunlup M3s you can't go wrong either. I think you should stick to Nokian if you like them.

butterface

i don't presently run snow tires, but my 225/50/15 all seasons do tend to push a little in the corners sometime. i would guess that 205/50 or 215/50's would more than likely suffice for a snow tire....and why on earth are you leaving vancouver to go to harsher winter? i hope to do the opposite....

Slink

butterface":1vgio97x said:
i don't presently run snow tires, but my 225/50/15 all seasons do tend to push a little in the corners sometime. i would guess that 205/50 or 215/50's would more than likely suffice for a snow tire....and why on earth are you leaving vancouver to go to harsher winter? i hope to do the opposite....

well 1) i am crazy
and 2) I'm not even staying in BC, I'm moving to the mighty Yukon Territory (refer to #1)
:lol:

Time for drastic change! Change is good!!!!! LOL :lol:
It's f***ing COLD, but it's f***ing beautiful. I don't belong in the city.

Thx for the respnoses.. I think you are right.. since I'm in love with Nokian.. may as well stick with em. I just remember that they were amazing. I basically did not have to change my driving for snow and that is a little crazy.
cheers!

YerRandO

Might want to think about a proper block heater too, up there it's a must. You could go either stock 215/50/15 or 205/55/15 even 205/50/15 it will just depent what tire you can find in those sizes. 195/55/15 seems to have a way better selection.

sims

be forwarned, my GT-Four was NOT happy when it got really cold out.

(like -35 or colder) Even with a block heater. Its one of the main reasons I quit driving it in winter, I'm also paranoid about rust and people hitting me and ruining my precious car :p

for the 3 months of winter my car saw, I ran 185/60(or 55 can't remember)/15's

I ran Cooper Weathermasters(I belive this was the name, not at home to check) I've never like coopers summer performance tires, but their truck tires have always been good so I game em a try because they were cheap. They were AWESOME tires. I really don't have anything to compare them to, but my GT-four never had any traction issues whatsoever, traction, handleing, stoping all top notch. I was very confident driving in winter with them.

edit- Why are you moving out to the NWT?

cardude

sims":3f2i6olz said:
be forwarned, my GT-Four was NOT happy when it got really cold out.

(like -35 or colder) Even with a block heater. Its one of the main reasons I quit driving it in winter, I'm also paranoid about rust and people hitting me and ruining my precious car :p

for the 3 months of winter my car saw, I ran 185/60(or 55 can't remember)/15's

I ran Cooper Weathermasters(I belive this was the name, not at home to check) I've never like coopers summer performance tires, but their truck tires have always been good so I game em a try because they were cheap. They were AWESOME tires. I really don't have anything to compare them to, but my GT-four never had any traction issues whatsoever, traction, handleing, stoping all top notch. I was very confident driving in winter with them.

edit- Why are you moving out to the NWT?
my car does not like those temperatures either. everything howls when i drive :evil:

gearhead313

anything over 205 is too wide for teh snow... ever see the width of the rally cars in the snow?? VERY skinny!

I run 185/75-14's

alltracsnow.jpg

Wedge

For deep snow, Hakka RSI's are the best. Hands down.

For ice... if you don't use stud's... then my preference is the Yokohama IG10, that tire is awesome.