Targa Canada West event May2010

the site is still being updated, but you can view the rules and regs and faq. its the first time this type of event will be held in BC, they do it australia and newfoundland. its not cheap, but i think its a lifetime experience to be able to drive so many stages on closed real roads. That's a lot of pavement and kms you get to let your car loose on. Not for everyone, but i'm sure a few may be interested.

pg

I dont quite understand how their class system works.

How do I figure out where i would be since higher classes require a cage and thats not something you can just install on the spot!

from what i've read on the FAQs, they have examples of what cars with competent drivers would time. I guess you would gauge it from there. There are penalties for continually exceeding your avg target speed, but i guess if you don't have a cage, you just try to hit your target better:) Its like being at the drags, if you post faster than 12.5 (i think) you are not allowed to have passangers or something like that. I'm not a 1/4 mile guy so i don't know the exact rules.

pg

I read the FAQ and since i have no experience in these events i'd be in class 1, so now i dont get why they penalize you for being faster, if everyone just hits the same target time how do they know who won?

i think we'd be surprised that hitting the target time is harder than we think. and the one's that do probably want to bump up to the next level.