Edmonton Meet

DudeMan

Hey Nubkins whats your phone number?

I'm having a busy day but I'd really like to come for a little bit at least.

TheNubkins

Well the meet was sort of a success...three cars total were there which is what we had at the meet last year durring that auto-x event. Here are some pictures we shot...they are the usual meet style pictures. Nothing really original, but still ST185 goodness.

daekkaacc.jpg

daeknaacc.jpg

eaekaaacc.jpg

eaekbaacc.jpg

eaekdaacc.jpg

eaekeaacc.jpg

eaekfaacc.jpg

eaekhaacc.jpg

eaekiaacc.jpg

eaekjaacc.jpg

eaeklaacc.jpg

eaekmaacc.jpg

And...now for the bad news. This morning I wake up and drive the Hyundai to get some recall performed at the Hyundai dealership close to my place. While driving past my Toyota I see a note placed on the windshield. I don't think anything of it...perhaps it's some bylaw note saying I need to move the car(I don't drive it often so I figured maybe a neighbour complained.) So on my way home with the Hyundai I drive by the Toyota again and see the front fender is all fucked up. At least the person left a note. We'll be going through their insurance. I guess she didn't see my black car because it was dark out this morning when she was pulling out of her driveway. My car was parked on the street opposite her house and she backed into it pretty good. Here's the gorey pictures! Ugh...

faekaaacc.jpg

faekbaacc.jpg

faekcaacc.jpg

faekdaacc.jpg

faekeaacc.jpg

faekgaacc.jpg

faekhaacc.jpg

Yowzas

:shock:
omg!.. in the end i found these instances are more troublesome than anything.
Even though you get a free fix and paint job... still..
I think a guy had the same signal lights as me for sale on this site, maybe look into those?
Not sure how long it'd take for mechanics to find those parts.

TheNubkins

The fender and signal lights should be the same as the GT-S which is also a widebody. Should be easy to source from Toyota....at least in theory. HAHA.

DudeMan

I really wish I had made it. Sunday was just not my day. A combination of getting sick, being hung over and just running around like an idiot kinda took me out.

Next time for sure.

Cars look really good boys.

Yowzas

James you gonna post any pics? lol
also that mechanic's name is Rob. project omega : 7806284617
He charged me like 90/hour. He's a pretty good guy knows a lot about these cars, you can watch him work on it (unlike most mechanics..), and ask any questions while he's working on your car.

Nubkins, where are you getting it repaired?
There's a shop in the west side called jaehn's autobody:7804811200
I think they'll transfer you to Heng.
I got my fender done there. It's pricey but when someone elses insurance is paying for it why not eh? They also have shuttle service.

DudeMan

If its just the fender and your corner light damaged I would take a settlement cheque.

Order the parts from 1stToyota, have it painted and install it yourself. Pocket the rest. :shrug:

That's what I did when I got in my accident and it was definitely worth it. The settlement was $1200, bumper was $400, I bought my other Celica with the rest.

Basically got a free car out of someone else stupidity.

TheNubkins

From what I can tell it looks to be just the fender and the corner light. I'm still not sure which body shop I'm going to have fix it. I don't really have time or the experience in swapping out fenders. I fly back from work on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning I have to pick up the UHAUL I rented and move to our new temporary place we're going to be renting until our new house is finished being built...so time is pretty scarce the next few weeks. James and I probably took very similar pictures so perhaps he doesn't feel it's worth the time to post up his copies.

binkie

I haven't signed on in a while and didn't know there was a meet! I live in the Terwillegar area, so you guys went right by my place!

The terwilligar dog park road rocks, eh? Spool up the turbo and let 'er rip straight up the hill. I took someone for a thrill ride up there one February when there was icy ruts-he was sold on AWD Turbo after that.

My car hasn't passed Alberta inspection yet, so it would have been hard for me to drive along with the Celica. I also disconnected something to prevent theft, and I cannot remember what it is-last time I tried to start it, I couldn't remember (oops). With everything else I have going on, it will be 2 years before she sees the road again...

Let me know next time there is a meet and at least I will try to make an appearance, maybe not the celica.

Marc

TheNubkins

Hopefully you can make any meets we have next year. I'm thinking we need to have more than just the one meet per year. Guess we'll see how things pan out next year...my car is now resting for the winter.