Where to go to play

Where to go to play

Postby TomsGT4 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:12 am

Well...
Thought I'd start a thread asking where you all go to have fun near your place?
Post City, & Link (I used Google maps, link can be copied at top right corner of page)
It can be a track, curby road that you know of, whatever.
So we know where to go to have fun when out and about :)

Windsor, Ontario
http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=42.27 ... 3&t=k&z=18

This track is excellent, and has been there for as far back as I can remember. Commercial land, completely abandoned & all the houses in the area are gone. It extends into the treed area to the south, but the roads can get a little hairy in there.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Tom
1990 ST185
1990 Corolla SR5
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it"

Postby athousandleaves » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:40 am

This is my own WRC "super special" stage that I've been working on perfecting...

I wanted to get some other nice roads from the area in but it's difficult to keep it 100% interesting, also I'm not a big fan of going down snake road but its the only way to make things flow nicely for the rest of the stage.

Hamilton Area, Ontario GoogleMaps link

Main hazards on the course would be traffic lights, bad drivers and deer... run it late enough and you only have the last one to worry about!
1992 Red GT-FOUR RC 626•1800
1992 White turbo4WD
athousandleaves
Established Member

Postby sacanadian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:08 pm

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 1&t=h&z=11

This is my favourite drive right now. It is all along the coast of the lake with speed signs between 30 and 60km. Great way to test your suspension since altitude changes constantly with the tight corners. Downside is traffic and wildlife but if you want to be alone on the road, best to head out at about 3am or 4:30 for the latest. Also worth mentioning, there are no concrete gaurdrails to prevent you from falling off the cliff, so at first I was playing it safe in order to memorise the course.
This is in kelowna, BC. if you are in the area I would be glad to take you on this road. Everone I know that owns a bike, loves this road to!
Nick from Calgary, living in Kelowna

1990 ST185- (RIP)..8d/1000km later!
1990 ST185- Still going strong!>ACT 6puck sprung; Apexi TT; Aussie 3" DP∓ Blitz DSBC,VD BOV; Defi CntrlII; HKS SSCatback; TRD Boost Gauge; TWM shift
1992 Ae101- Sold!
sacanadian
Club Member

Postby Locker » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:59 pm

one of the nicest drives I've done in the celica was this one.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 419739&z=9
there is a section before you hit hwy17 where they have a sign that says "wyndie road 26km" it was a blast.
sorry i can't spell
90 ST185
Locker
Club Member

Return to Canada