I'm out!

I'm out!

Postby hacker_720 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Well, the car is sold, as most of you probably know by now. It was a tough choice for me, but in the end it needed to happen. I miss her already, sometimes I feel like she is still in my garage, behind closed doors, kinda like a lost limb. She went to a good home, a fellow Celica lover, he has 4 other Celica's one being an Alltrac (well 5 now, two being Alltracs). I have not left the Toyota family, as my daily driver is a Lexus GS430, which is an awesome car to drive every day.

I'm not sure what I am going to do about a toy in the future, I am considering a lot of options, and unfortunately I am also saving for a house. I might pick up a ST205, I drove Sal's and it was great to hear the BOV again. I might get a supra, I have always loved them, but it feels so over done. I think my number one choice right now it to modify the GS, perhaps super charger, or turboed, ultimately I would love to get the Toyota V12 and mate a 6-speed to it. Sounds almost impossible right now, but if I do that instead of a supra, I think it would be about the same cost. For now I picked up some home theater equipment with the money I got for the 'trac to ease the pain. (Anthem AVM20 and Tannoy I6 speakers)

I will still be around on the boards from time to time, and hopefully keep in touch with you guys, I may pick up another trac in the future, just cause I love them so much.

Peace.
Steve
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
BOTTLE ARE FOR BABIES...REAL MEN GET BLOWN
1990 ST185 2.2Lt
hacker_720
Established Member

Postby Rick89GTS » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:46 pm

When the problems pile up, I sometimes, for a split second think about selling and getting a newer car. Of course I know I could never sell it. LOL. Sorry to see you go but feel welcome to pop in and say hi. :)

PS - I bet you'll be back in a 205. If I ever sell my 165, that's where I'm going :wink:
Rick89GTS
GTFour God

Re: I'm out!

Postby Sifu » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:40 pm

You gotta' do what you gotta' do. The thought has always crossed my mind about selling her but I always come up with the same reason not to. Hopefully there will be an Alltrac again in the future.
1990 Celica ST185 "The Money Pit"
BROKEN! BUT NOT BEATEN!
2005 Scion tC FW21
1985 AW11
1987 AW11
Sifu
GTFour God

Postby LegacyofDan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:16 pm

you will be missed man....hope to see you come back in the future :)
LegacyofDan
GTFour God

Postby TomsGT4 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Maybe you're Celica wasn't the best match for you, kind of like a women.
Ha ha, I'd like to believe there's like one out there for everyone. So I hope you drive one, remember the feeling & find your match one day :)
Tom
1990 ST185
1990 Corolla SR5
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it"

Postby Sal » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:08 am

Steve, I better see a 205 in your driveway sometime in the future friend lol.
'94 ST205 GT-FOUR WRC
13.3 @ 101MPH
Sal
Club Member

Postby exST165 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:17 am

Stay in contact Steve, you may no longer have an Alltrac in the driveway but the feeling will never completely be gone. Ask me how I know ...

:)

Thomas
exST165
Club Member

Postby hacker_720 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I will be around, and yes, I will probably end up with another one some day.

Steve
BOTTLE ARE FOR BABIES...REAL MEN GET BLOWN
1990 ST185 2.2Lt
hacker_720
Established Member

Postby masco » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:55 am

IMHO.

A powerful heavy Lexus won't be as much fun as another gt-four. The Lexus is excellent at what it does, why ruin that? Get another car if you get the speed bug again.

I just remembered randomly bumping into you by the Supercharged Lotus at the autoshow. I'm sure you are craving something more sporty.

Think of the Lexus as a nice reliable beater. Mine is filthy and I regularly beat on it. At times I wish it was more sporty, but I can definitely appreciate the practicality/reliability/luxury/and comfort.

I want an LS pretty badly. But it would get VIP'ed too quickly, and I wouldn't be able to beat on it like I do my RX.
1990 Turbo4wd - 1990 Corolla GT-S - 2002 RX300
masco
Club Member

Postby allblackalltrac » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:32 pm

TomsGT4 wrote:Maybe you're Celica wasn't the best match for you, kind of like a women.
Ha ha, I'd like to believe there's like one out there for everyone. So I hope you drive one, remember the feeling & find your match one day :)

LOL! If thats the case then Steve's perfect match would be a blonde and not a red head, we love you Steve!
SupraCelifragilisticexpialidocious
super- "above," cali- "beauty," fragilistic- "delicate," expiali- "to atone," and docious- "educable," the sum meaning roughly "Atoning for extreme and delicate beauty while still being highly educable."
allblackalltrac
Gold Member

Return to Canada