Switch to full style
Post a reply

Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:23 pm

As you may know, my ST205(at least one of mine! :D ) as been for sale for a while now: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35134
I want to sell it outside of Quebec and I don't know on which website it would be best to advertise. It's pretty hard to sell a car in another province. People buy cars in Japan they never saw, but won't buy from a guy a few kms away. :(
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Over here in Ontario you would be hard to find a sale at 8k for 130kms.

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:06 am

edit
Last edited by ChrisD on Thu May 06, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:23 am

klue wrote:Over here in Ontario you would be hard to find a sale at 8k for 130kms.


If I leave it in the garage long enough it will be worth more in 10 years! :D

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:45 pm

all the 205's in Ontario are listed with an asking price of about 7500 or less. There are a pile of them on Kijiji
Hell I've seen almost as many st205's driving around as I do the 185's

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:03 am

Locker wrote:all the 205's in Ontario are listed with an asking price of about 7500 or less. There are a pile of them on Kijiji
Hell I've seen almost as many st205's driving around as I do the 185's


Yeah, a lot of them are from Quebec importers and they get rid of their stock at very low prices! I guess I'll have to wait.

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Locker wrote:Hell I've seen almost as many st205's driving around as I do the 185's


so you see one about every six to twelve months or so?
:rofl:

I rarely see other 5th or 6th gens on the road, and I'm not even talking about alltrac's...

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:16 pm

athousandleaves wrote:
Locker wrote:Hell I've seen almost as many st205's driving around as I do the 185's


so you see one about every six to twelve months or so?
:rofl:

I rarely see other 5th or 6th gens on the road, and I'm not even talking about alltrac's...


Well there is a white alltrac that is always driving around Barrie. He works across the street from one of my accounts so went in and introduced myself. There is also a black 205 that travels between barrie and collingwood and see him every month or so

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:08 pm

All these new 205's should make for some really great meets this summer!


As for getting back on topic; Domspun if you want to sell your trac advertise everywhere you can online and on paper, try showing up to tuner meets with the car all shined up and a nice for sale sign on it. Eventually you'll find the right buyer, good luck with your sale!

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:03 pm

athousandleaves wrote:All these new 205's should make for some really great meets this summer!


As for getting back on topic; Domspun if you want to sell your trac advertise everywhere you can online and on paper, try showing up to tuner meets with the car all shined up and a nice for sale sign on it. Eventually you'll find the right buyer, good luck with your sale!

If I can get it on road after April 24th(end of the temporary law), that would be a big plus. Pretty hard to sell a car that can't leave the driveway! :doh:

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:32 pm

Is the RHD Ban being lifted soon for Quebec? It's been past 180 days

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:42 pm

why was there a RHD ban? (sorry for the :offtopic: )

Re: Need tips on where to advertise my ST205...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:22 pm

It ends on April 24th and I hope I can bring my cars to the inspection(I have 4 that need to be inspected).

And why there was a temporary ban? Well, the official statement from the government is that they think they are unsafe and need to make a study about it, so until then it's banned! :cry:
Post a reply