GTA/SW Ontario Meet - Aug 14 - Aldershot Go - [PICS UP!!!]

athousandleaves

I know last year's meet was kind of poor due to timing issues but once we all got there it was pretty fun!

Just curious if anyone in the area would be interested in another shot at a meet for alltracs & 3sgte'd halftracs.

Post up some times when you can make it and hopefully we can all settle on a weekend sometime soon for a good meet!

I'm thinking the first few weekends in August would work well.

:D

[July 24th Update]

Looks like we're shooting for an August 14th meet probably late afternoon until whenever people feel like going home.
I'd personally like to see the meet be somewhere that we can have a good cruise on some bendy roads but we can compromise for somewhere more central if it means more people coming out!
There is a small track in flamborough that I'll call on monday to see if they'd let us go for a spin early in the afternoon as it looks like they have a memorial car meet that night. Not nearly as far of a drive as shannonville/cayuga!

Keep in mind that this will be a good opportunity for everyone to bring parts to swap/trade :D

[August 7th, Update]

Okay everyone, heres the final details!

Date: August 14th 2010
Time 12:00 -2:00 PM (1300-1500)
Location: South Lot - Aldershot GO Station, Burlington Ontario + road course after.

Details:
Rain or shine!

For the meet we will arriving be at the Aldershot GO station in Burlington Ontario – If the lot there is over capacity then we will meet at Hidden Valley Park also in Burlington or at the Beaches.

Show up around 12:00 to hang out, trade parts and whatever.

At 2:00 we will all leave as a convoy or at timed intervals for a road course has been planned out.
I need to warn all that are interested in coming that this is a very challenging route and that all precautions should be taken to prepare yourself and your co-driver for the drive. If you stick to the posted limits then this shouldn't be exceedingly challenging, however we all know theres no fun in that!

Please keep in mind while driving that because this is on public open roads all your normal hazards still exist such as animals, children and elderly/stupid drivers.

In order to keep undesirables off our planned route I will be keeping it a secret until the day of the event where annotated hard copies will be available at the park – just to help with a heads up on cop locations, deer warnings & etc.

The whole route is about 45Km and takes around one hour to run.

There is one gravel section included in the course that is probably one of the best new roads I've discovered in the past few months however, I will include a paved alternate route if youre really worried about the rocks.

If the meet up time isn't good for you guys please let me know and we can stretch it out by a bit.
I'm just hoping that we can miss twilight for the duration of the run.

If you are planning on participating in the road course I strongly recommend that you come prepared with the following:
Spare fluids/rad/oil/brake etc.
All the tools you need to swap on your spare tire/fix minor problems.
Safety triangles or flares incase you run into trouble.
CAA/Towing company of choice info and a means to contact/pay them!
Drinking water.
Food & snacks.
Sunglasses & Sunscreen.
Umbrella.
First Aid Kit.

[Augst 8th Update]

I'm looking into other meet points than La Salle park. As conveniently located as it is to the planned route I'm worried that its going to be too busy for us to get enough parking there for pictures & hanging out.
Close alternate options are the Aldershot Go station lot and the beaches in Burlington.
Ran the route today and with decently heavy traffic it took me about an hour.

I'd like to get an idea on attendance so please confirm you are coming!

[August 9th Update]

Heres a list of semi-confirmed attendance just from browsing this post.
1. athousandleaves
2. Sal
3. Masco
4. Locker
5. 89alltrac
6. Fr0ussemaitre
7. LechaZ
8. Greg_Canada

+ 2-3 guys from the Celica Tech forum

If you guys could just PM me or reply with a verification as to your attendance I'll know better how many copies of the route to make.

Also, the alternative to the gravel roads is only 50% planned out as of yet. Honestly though if you don't go crazy you won't chip your car or anyone else's.

klue

We have meets every tuesday, you guys just never show up.
Last weekend was shannonville
this friday cayuga test and tune, saturday autox in brampton, next week wednesday track day at cayuga and next weekend is auto x in brarrie
Get with the program
www.prydeauto.com

Where the ballers live

athousandleaves

klue":2fw0jx61 said:
We have meets every tuesday, you guys just never show up.
Last weekend was shannonville
this friday cayuga test and tune, saturday autox in brampton, next week wednesday track day at cayuga and next weekend is auto x in brarrie
Get with the program
http://www.prydeauto.com

Where the ballers live

Luke I was hoping to make this an alltrac/halftrac only meet for those of us that aren't as ballin ;P

Sal

I'm down. Last year's could have been better but we ended up in all different sets of locations haha.

Let me know when and I'll book off time.

89alltrac

i'm in wouldn't be in the all trac but i'll bring a celica none the less, tuesday is ussually missisauga and i know on wednesdays kennedy commons has a good turn out

Greg_Canada

Not trying to be a dick klue, but some of us are f-ing busy and an event once a summer that we ALL try to make it to (not 1 or 2 of us every week) would work well. I know oakville toyota has a show every august, there were no alltracs there last year, maybe this year we can show up all the 7th gens? (i bring my truck too).

Greg_Canada

Oh yea for sure, but for the rest of us it's not feasible. (i understand his point completely).
Just... lets get an AT meet together... don't take it the wrong way... but on average (many) people who don't know / care about what you have, don't want to talk to you (in my experience). Hell we go to toyota meets with the trucks (there is a crew of us) and go look at all the cars, talk to whoever wants to, and the 7th gen celica / matrix / paseo guys wont even look at you (supra / mr2 owners are differnt tho)... it's strange.... whatever i'm ranting, an AT only meet would be fun.

fr0ussemaitre

I'm down, my car is running nicely these days - just got it tuned to 17psi on the GT3076, but I'm out of injector (550s)... Maybe by the time the meet happens I'll be able to get my hands on some 800s.

athousandleaves

Sorry guys - I've been out of town at a cottage for the past few days.

I'm going to say we should officially make the meet for Saturday August 14th.

Let me know if you can make that date and I'll update my first post with an attendance list :)

LechacZ

I am willing to meet up as long as work allows it...
It would be nice to get some Celicas together!
Keep us posted

athousandleaves

nice!

Anyone have some location recommendations?

This meet should be good.
It'll be super thumbs up.
knightriderall.jpg