Canadian Made Underbody Braces and Strut Bars

Conrad_Turbo

Glad to hear guys! Thanks for your patience! The only member that is waiting is Zeng (alltracshoak), Celidude you're going to get a PM in a few days. :D

Conrad_Turbo

Thanks guys! All 16 braces have been shipped and I am now working on a few other projects before baby arrives!

IMG_6213.jpg

turbo4wd

cool pic.. so don't take this the wrong way.. but the way its backlit, it almost looks like a movie poster for some alien sci-fi flick..

Conrad_Turbo

turbo4wd":353c0v34 said:
cool pic.. so don't take this the wrong way.. but the way its backlit, it almost looks like a movie poster for some alien sci-fi flick..

Haha I know it was deliberate, we were going for a non-cliche maternity photo. We both like the darkness of it, besides it's pretty hard to make a foggy field at night seem cheery. We've got tons of other cheery/typical maternity photos. :D

Xiansheng

I don't how exactly how this thread works, what's goin on in here, but I want one of these underbody rear braces also if I could. Would be like a dream come true for me to get one of these, I don't ever plan on selling this newly aquired RC celica of mine, putting so much into her, and if I miss out and no more ever to be produced, I'll cry.. wanna make her the ultimate beast and seen these braces for a while, alwayz had a plan to one day get one, and I didn't realize till now that it's being made special order or whatever is goin on in here.

I really want one of these too. Can I be added to the list? Is there a list still going?

Conrad_Turbo

Sorry for anyone inquiring about the group buy for these underbody braces it is currently closed. I will not be producing anymore braces until there is another stink made on the forum (look at what you did masco! :lol: ) and once I have sufficient time to settle in with the baby. Sorry to anyone who is wanting one, but once the next group buy rolls around be sure to sign up right away! :D

Boo_Guy

I like the picture, very original.

Kinda looks like a movie poster for an alien movie.

"ET is back, and this time, he forgot the condoms."

"Oooooouch"

:rofl:

klue

If anyone is interested, I can supply the Cusco version of this under body brace, as well as the strut tower bars.

underscore

I got mine in today finally, the car feels so much better! We had to take a bit of the finish off the bolt holes because we couldn't quite make it line up. Mines an RC though, and it had a bit of a rough life from the looks of it so I don't know if everythings entirely straight still.

Just some info regarding the brace. Sadly, I have confirmed that this brace is not compatible with a Moroso oil pan upgrade. I believe another ST185 owner mentioned this when trying to fit the Cusco version II style of this brace. The main issue is the oil drain plug on the Moroso. the brace barely clears the plug but there is absolutely no room between the drain plug and the brace so you would not be able to remove the plug to do oil changes with the brace on. I was disappointed, but them the breaks. I thought of showing a welder friend of mine if there's a way to augment the one area of the brace that interferes with the drain plug, but I haven't had the time. I suspect messing with the geometry of the brace would compromise the original design and its rigidity and strength characteristics. Perhaps someone here would like to chime in. If I can't alter the brace, I guess I'll be putting this, now rare and unavailable part, up for sale.

Spectra1

I like how you made sure to mention it is a "now rare and unavailable part..". Now you can ask an arm and a leg in price :D

I thought about moving the plug, but that's just a different ball of stupidity. I don't want to butcher another nicely welded aluminum piece. I also don't want to have to take that bastard pan off now that I've got it on nice and good with FIPG. Its not leaking, yay, but its on good. Boo! You all know what i mean.

that's an interesting idea. Never seen one of those valves before. Just from looking at the pics, those valves look bigger than the drain plug. I don't think there's enough clearance for one of those. the drain plug was already butt up against the brace.