[FS] - ST165

fr0ussemaitre

Posting up for a friend that can't get a username... I did the swap on this car, it's barely used for what it is and would make a really nice platform to start a nice restoration or powerbuild.

Specs:
-Body is an ST165 1988 with 180,000kms on it
-Engine is a low km (65,000kms) from an ST185 93' alltrac right-hand drive JDM model, with a 1990 ECU
-The original turbo (CT26) has been upgraded to a huge Mitsubishi 20G (these are good for 475+HP with the right support), and custom manifold.
-ST185 top mount 2nd gen intercooler
-550cc injectors
-Aeromotive adjustable rising rate fuel pressure regulator
-Brembo rotors, PBR/Axxis Metalmaster pads
-New suspension linkages all the way around
-Kenwood MP3 CD Player, and upgraded kenwood speakers on all corners. Sirius satellite radio dock, and sub wired in
-Two sets of wheels (steelies with blizzaks for winter are on it now), and the original 15" wheels as well
-New Battery

Other things to note:
-Car is only set at 8psi boost right now, which is barely anything for that turbo, we never did tune it although always planned on going alot higher
-Transmission is strong and smooth into every gear.
-Interior is absolutely mint, looks like the day it was made, in burgundy, and all the electronics sunroof, windows, locks work perfectly.
-New fuel pump and sending unit installed 2 years ago (Toyota oem part), and pulled the fuel tank and had it cleaned out at kidd rad, then I gave it a coating/treatment inside to make sure it didn't corrode.
-Rust on the car is very minimal, and underneath still looks great for a car of this year.
-We also have tons of extra parts for the car from the old motor, as well as a spare working transmission, act clutch and pressure plate, many boxes of all sorts of parts, all included if you want them.

Something else nice:
-Because of the year on the car, it never needs to be e-tested which is always nice

Here are the only bad things with the car:
-The throwout bearing makes a noise whenever the clutch is held down (noticeable at idle only), but yet everything works fine, so I never replaced it.
-The rear shocks are bad, and while some reasonably cheap aftermarket tokico's can be fitted, they need the top bracket from the toyota ones on there welded on to fit, and I never got around to doing it.
-Some of the bushings on the front end are dried up and spongey now, so we had planned on doing a urethane kit, but again never got around to it.
-The power steering rack is a newly rebuilt rack from a year ago, but one of the lines to it is leaking and I haven't replaced it yet.

We've probably put over 8 grand into the car, but I also know cars aren't always worth the parts money spent. The engine alone cost up $3,600, 3 years ago, and we're looking for $2,600 obo. Thanks.

celica003.jpg

celica004.jpg

celica005.jpg

celica006.jpg

celica008.jpg