ABS removal Ontario Safety Test

toybota

Okay so I bought my 185 for 1000CAD and I am doing a full rebuild of everything. I want to remove the ABS from my 185 to make it is "pure" as possible(Doesn't do shit in the snow anyways). I live in Ontario and I know that if the system is there but not funtioning you will fail safety, but if it is completely removed it should pass fine correct? If anyone else has some insight on this it would be greatly appriciated.

Corey

I removed mine before taking it in for an out-of-province inspection in Saskatchewan to get it registered.

Bare in mind that unless you change the knuckles to the non-abs type, the speed sensors will still be present which could lead to some questions. I've changed the fronts on my car to non-abs knuckles, but still need to swap the rears. On the rears I left the sensors in place but snipped the lead off.

They never mentioned/noticed the lack of ABS despite the presence of snipped speed sensors on the back knuckles.

Locker

ABS was an option on our cars so if you remove everything it shouldn't be an issue. Just don't take it to somewhere like Crappy tire for the inspection