Online Parts websites ?

Corey

I just tried to place an order via 1sttoyotaparts.com and they declined it saying that they can no longer ship internationally. Last year they created a dedicated website for Canada, but it appears to be offline now.

I've tried calling multiple Toyota dealerships in Canada for a part I'm looking for (speaker cover) but they say it's obsolete and they cannot order from out of the country.

This is rather alarming. How are you guys getting parts these days?

yyonline

I've gotten some parts through Amayama. I've also ordered through partsouq.com. Both are decent resources for hard to find and non-USA parts.

Most of the time, I order my Toyota parts from Toyota_Todd, who is a member on this site. I don't know, however, if he ships to Canada. Can't hurt to ask him. He works at a Toyota dealership in Indiana and orders stuff from overseas for me all the time. However, if Toyota says the part is discontinued, not much the dealers can do. These cars are 22+ years old after all. I also keep an eye on in junk yards for Celicas and get what used parts I can. That might be an option for you if the part is discontinued as much of the all-trac interior is interchangeable with the other trim levels.

YerRandO

What about LithiaToyotaParts.com I think they are still a vendor on celicatech. I have not personally ordered from them but I have received quotes in the past and found them to be friendly.

Its a shame that 1sttoyotaparts no longer ships to us I have purchased quite a few parts from them in the past. Another option is using a shipping service like ship happens that you can cross the boarder and pick up parcels from. That is just a local one to me that's popular there are many others, but not everyone lives close to a boarder.

Corey

Lithia looks promising - at least their website states they ship internationally. I'll give them a shot.

Corey

Update:

Tried ordering from Lithia - they came back and said the part was discontinued - ugh.

So I emailed Darrel back at 1sttoyota and asked if the part was even in the database. He was able to find it at a dealer in San Diego for me and even gave me the number for their parts guy.

What's funny however is that I just got back from a 1 month deployment to Miramar and must have driven by this exact dealership about 10 times.

Called them up, and they do indeed have the part I need on site. Turns out they also have an online parts store: www.toyotapartscheap.com

Order placed - should be here in a couple weeks.

It's a shame 1sttoyota can't ship to Canada anymore. I've been ordering from them for the past 8 years - excellent customer service.

msanders2

What parts were you looking for? Every time I call any toyota dealership, I always get in a huge frustrating run a round and never end up getting the parts I need, that they said they could get.

Corey

In this case I'm looking to replace the door tweeter covers with the solid non-tweeter covers (old broken system 10 delete to save weight).

I got the right hand side cover from CMS-GT4. Just installed it - looks much cleaner.

msanders2

Apparently they break easy, both of mine are broke and the celica I looked at in the junk yard they were broke too.

msanders2

I want to find a un broken set, and install some nice aftermarket tweeters. Then I'll put the covers on and never remove them again. Unless I have to take the door panel off in the future, which means they will probably break.