Best Gas in Canada?

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:53 am

I tried a tank of that Mohawk 94 octane in my AllTrac and it idled like crap and was very hard to start... swiched back to Esso 91 and all was well!
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!

Postby GT4rally » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:56 am

^ that was me... forgot to log in.
-Dave G.
Calgary, Alberta
'00 540i Bimmer... but I miss my Alltrac.
GT4rally
Club Member

Postby ChrisD » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:24 pm

94 = harder to ignite than 91

Odd though, I've never had that problem!
1988 ST165
1994 ST205 WRC
ChrisD
Established Member

Postby lupin1x » Wed May 18, 2005 5:22 am

I've always used Pioneer 91, only because i like the bonus bucks and i commute an hour a day in my alltrac and the cheaper the gas for me the better. :wink:
Harry
'90 st185 '99 Yamaha 600R '03 Pontiac VibeGT
The fun doesn't begin until the pavement ends...
lupin1x
Club Member

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:31 am

shell sucks. many friends have had some scary experiences with their fuels (using an additive to evaporate water when they found they had horrible power and watching the guage go down and down)
chevron is the ONLY teir 1 supplier in canada. that says something. in the okanagan youre using the shittiest gas in the world unless your running 94 from chevron. the others all come from the same place where they flow crude -----------> and refined <-------------- without cleaning the pipe. this causes the deposits to be cleaned by the refined fuel.
subsequentally the okanagan has a very high mortality rate for fuel pumps and filters. many dealers/shops actually stock the pumps here.

Postby trialsmaster2 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:22 pm

I agree with "Guest" about the Okanagan having crappy gas. I've read it in the newspapers even. The old Pontiac I used to drive has gone through numerous fuel pumps...partly due to the number of km on the car, but a lot is to do with the gas (cheapest grade of gas all the time for that car!). My Mom has had recent fuel pump issues in her car...day after changing out the fuel filter, the fuel pump goes in her car (and the km aren't even that high on the car). Needless to say, my GT Four only gets Chevron!
1987 Toyota Celica GT Four
1993 Mitsubishi Delica Exceed
My Flickr page
ABM Photography - Prints for Sale
trialsmaster2
Club Member

Postby SowndWave » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:41 am

...you lucky bc people, we dont have chevron around edmonton for some reason...i can get 94 octane from a husky/mohawk, but like others say, its the tree-hugging hippie gas....
SowndWave
Club Member

Previous

Return to Canada