Canadian import rules

alltrac.net

I Remember someone mentioning a canadian import rule about a car older then 15 years being a "classic" and therefore you can import JDM cars.

Does anyone have a link with more information?

lupin1x

I imported my '90 Alltrac from North Carolina to Ontario, if anyone needs information on how to import an alltrac, or other type of vehicle from the Us, lemmie know and I'll try to save you some headaches :wink:

gydo

lupin1x":13syb6xs said:
I imported my '90 Alltrac from North Carolina to Ontario, if anyone needs information on how to import an alltrac, or other type of vehicle from the Us, lemmie know and I'll try to save you some headaches :wink:

hey I might be importing one from the states. Sure would appreciate the advice you could give me so I wouldn't have to carry along several advil bottles :)

A

Anonymous

summary and from my experience...
15yrs + easy.
>15yrs USDM only and MUST be entirely stock! (theyre rather anal about this, especially surrounding "safety." stock seat belts and airbags. (no 5pt harnesses)
if you wanna talk to xport canada i hope you have a free day to waste. once youve navigated touchtone hell you might get an operator. you might get an answering machine too. the operator is useless tho anyway. your better off talking to your insurer (ICBC in my case). something like a body kit can fail if they notice it (they dont have the 8mph ratings in the US)

A

Anonymous

If it's of any help....
http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/Import.html

I've brought up 4 cars now (including my alltrac) - it's really not that difficult - just a bit time-consuming for newer cars, since there's a lot more paperwork & inspections involved.

spoon - I assume you meant <15 years for USDM only - which is true. Trying to bring in a newish car from anywhere other than the US is not fun.