Michigan Mini Meet, Jan 29-30

Andy

For us,its over 400 miles and 8 hrs of driving. This will be the 6th time we've done it. The road trip is half the fun. Once you get there, the Alltracs turn a lot of heads, and get a lot of comments. Plus the back roads are a blast.

Andy

Shaggz00

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys, Andy! Where are you staying? I remeber seeing pics from a few years back and you guys were staying in a cabin. We're staying in some cabins around Gaylord.

Speedricer

Well it looks like we will be getting a good blast of snow next week.
When are people going to be arrive there?
If I go I would like to make it worth it.

Andy

We stay at a cabin on Fletcher Pond, due south of Hillman.

Schedule: http://www.sno-drift.org/ use the "Spectators" button, then the "Stage Schedule".
(can't get a link straight to it)

On Friday, there is the Park Expo in downtown Lewiston from 1-2:30. We will be arriving around noon-1:00 and plan to go there first. I suggest that to be a good meeting place. All the rally cars will be there to check out up close. Parking is anywhere around town you can find.

On Saturday, service is at the highschool in Atlanta, from 11-12. If we don't meet up at a race, spectator spot in the morning, then this would be a great meet up place on Saturday. They serve lunch in the school. Here, you get to see all the cars and pit crews. Parking will be across the road from the school. We were thinking of going to the back right corner (looking from the school), there won't be as many people there and thus easier to group up.

PM your cell number to me, I'll send you mine. Esracing and I have already traded numbers. I told Eric I would give him a call, and/or anyone else, when we're about an hour away from the Park Expo on Friday. Then, again when we get there to determine where everybody is.

There's a good little tavern we always hit, but forget offhand which town it's in, I think Atlanta. I'll check.

Expect to spend an hour or two out of the car at a time, dress warm, hand/toe warmers are nice.

Also.... I got off with a warning 2 years ago, watch your speed, esp. on the paved roads.

And Yes, you shoud go! It's a blast.

Andy

esracing

No tracs entered this year but next year is what I'm shooting for.avi and I are doing a sno rallyx andy said they did it last year so we r doing it. 3 st165s coming from md and 1 sti . We are getting there wedsday nite .

austin.c

I know im a ZZT231 owner, but im planning on headding up. it looks like about a 6hr drive, and i will only be able to make it saturday. ill prob be up by noon.
where is everyone meeting or going to be at around then?

Andy

Austin, On Saturday, service is at the highschool in Atlanta, from 11-12. That is where we plan to be. See notes above about meeting in the parking lot.

A couple other things:

When you get there... most business have free copies of the "Rally America Official Spectators Guide". Grab one (before they're gone, handy, free souvenir). It will have the schedule, maps, etc. Which are also on the Sno-Drift web site, ideally print from there before leaving.

They also have the GPS coordinates for all the spectator spots on the web site. However, be carfull using them. Reason: the path the GPS may take you down, may be down the road the race is on and it will be blocked off to the public.

Some of the spectator spots are in the "outback" as is our cabin. Cell phones (at least in the past) didn't always work in these areas. For the same reason, start the day with a full tank of gas.

We always take a couple of the little talkie radios, limited range, but good for close car to car talk.

Andy

Speedricer

Looks like I will be able to take friday off so I will try to be at Lewiston around noon on friday.
I will see you guys there :D

Droptop93

Hey Eric you gonna be there all day saturday?I may be coming up with Austin in the 7th Gen (my vert doesn't see winter unless it has too)