Aftermarket Intake Manifold? . . .

Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades

Postby billprice » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:17 pm

Someone better tell MTGBAEL then!
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!

'07 GS350 AWD
'09 Toro Z5030 ZTR 23hp of lawnmowing fun
billprice
Club Member

Postby mtbgael » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:13 pm

haha thanks...I was pretty downed about that. I actually found that mani over a year ago when I began my search for a GTE powered vechile. It's been on "the list" of modifications since then! I'm glad I don't have to take it off :wink:
Restoring an '88...
mtbgael
Club Member

Postby Puffy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:42 am

Phoenix Power made one of the best intake manifolds around. Only made 20 and dont know if they still make them. They were made for the GEN III motor and cost just under 2 grand AUS.

Now that I have crushed most peoples hopes including mine of getting one please dont hesitaite to ask me for any more useless information. :twisted:

Now that you seen it you want one dont you? :doh:
Puffy
Club Member

Postby alltracman78 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:18 am

Thems some short runners!
alltracman78
GTFour God

Postby gearhead313 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:49 pm

looks like a hacked up tt supra hks mani....
ST165 counter:
#2597 - fail
#3193 - fail
#xxxx - sold
#4598 - sold to Canada eh
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/gearhead313/turbosticker.jpg[/img]
gearhead313
Established Member

1988 Toyota Celica

Postby billprice » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:52 pm

And, more importantly, I don't see how that would clear the firewall on an All-Trac anyway.

'07 GS350 AWD
billprice
Club Member

Postby mtbgael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:45 pm

billprice wrote:And, more importantly, I don't see how that would clear the firewall on an All-Trac anyway.

I was thinking that as well..
Restoring an '88...
mtbgael
Club Member

Postby AwdGte » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:48 pm

For anyone questioning Bills very fairly priced manifold hasn't seen the price of other manifolds.

I can't see what it looks like, since this link is not working
http://www.rossmachineracing.com/mr2intake.html
but if it adds 40whp, it's a great deal at $700 bucks.

I paid $2200 for my virtual works intake manifold for my 2jzgte, $700 is a great deal

Bill, since I can't see the link, or it is broken, does the manifold retain everything else as stock, and just bolts on. On this car, I am looking for everything to be factory fit ... thanks!
AwdGte
Club Member

Postby billprice » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:39 pm

The manifold bolts on and has several vacuum fittings for everything you will need to run. It does not have places for you to bolt on all of the smog crap that the original manifold does though. Check for PM.

'07 GS350 AWD
billprice
Club Member

Postby Puffy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:35 am

billprice wrote:And, more importantly, I don't see how that would clear the firewall on an All-Trac anyway.

It does clear the firewall in a GT4. Its definitly for the high HP market and those runners would see loss of bottem end.

Personally I think it looks way better then Ross's intake but at more then double the price so it bloody should.
Puffy
Club Member

Postby AwdGte » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:59 am

I thought Ross Machine looked familiar, they do work for Extreme I think.

I'll be on the look out for that PM

Can they make a center mount manifold, so that I can keep all of the stock electronics and stock location? This is for a somewhat fast daily driver, to replace my fast first gen all wheel, it will never see stand alone, and may not even see larger injectors, I am undecided on that as of yet.

billprice wrote:The manifold bolts on and has several vacuum fittings for everything you will need to run. It does not have places for you to bolt on all of the smog crap that the original manifold does though. Check for PM.
AwdGte
Club Member

Postby Gary » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:12 pm

AwdGte wrote:This is for a somewhat fast daily driver, to replace my fast first gen all wheel, it will never see stand alone, and may not even see larger injectors, I am undecided on that as of yet.

Stock manifold should work fine in that case
93 ST185
Gary
GTFour God

Postby AwdGte » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:37 pm

300whp?

I may use extra injectors if I need more fuel and want to exceed 300whp, and 40 additional whp for $700 is very attractive

Gary wrote:
AwdGte wrote:This is for a somewhat fast daily driver, to replace my fast first gen all wheel, it will never see stand alone, and may not even see larger injectors, I am undecided on that as of yet.

Stock manifold should work fine in that case
AwdGte
Club Member

Postby billprice » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:56 pm

AwdGte wrote:I'll be on the look out for that PM

Hmmmmm....don't know what happened there, but you should have gotten my PM before now. I sent it to you yesterday. Anyway, yes, they can make it in a center intake, and that is what I have used. You can see that in the three pics I took on my website which is here. I just don't have the really nice pic of the inside of the manifold like they do on their website to show how nicely done the runners are from the inside. It is a great pic. Perhaps you can find it with the link I provide on my website since yours isn't working? Just figured out what happened. The PM thing on this site is not working. I clicked submit several times and it just took me back to the original PM without posting. LOL

'07 GS350 AWD
billprice
Club Member

Postby AwdGte » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:08 pm

Thanks Bill!

The site is working now for me (theirs and yours) so I was able to see that inside pic that you are describing

I plan to keep a top mount style intercooler, as I absolutely love the response I get with the lack of intercooler piping, and would like to keep everything simplified and bolt on, it looks as if your rendition of that manifold is that way! I don't need the egr crap :)

Thanks!

billprice wrote:
AwdGte wrote:I'll be on the look out for that PM

Hmmmmm....don't know what happened there, but you should have gotten my PM before now. I sent it to you yesterday. Anyway, yes, they can make it in a center intake, and that is what I have used. You can see that in the three pics I took on my website which is here. I just don't have the really nice pic of the inside of the manifold like they do on their website to show how nicely done the runners are from the inside. It is a great pic. Perhaps you can find it with the link I provide on my website since yours isn't working? Just figured out what happened. The PM thing on this site is not working. I clicked submit several times and it just took me back to the original PM without posting. LOL
AwdGte
Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to Performance and Power