Street Brawler 46 Trim Final - 392whp@24psi, w/Exhaust!

CodingParadox

Water injection is on my to-do list. I just want to get a good stable build not dependent upon external things like water injection yet for now.

Denver_whiteST185

then i would go with the 256 cams that were stated above. also, is your intake in a cold air box, cause that might help. Im planning on doing some similar stuff to my all trac, and those are in my plans. also, do you have an unorthadox racing pully, cause i just bought one and it should give me about 10 extra horsepower. another thing that would put a little more HP to the wheels would be a lighter driveshaft. nology hotwires will help too. just trying to give you a couple ideas of mine.

d1alltrac

David, have you considered an intake cam from a 3sge? i hear its got a little more lift and a little longer duration...probably no loss from that.

Denver_whiteST185":z0hb3f16 said:
also, do you have an unorthadox racing pully, cause i just bought one and it should give me about 10 extra horsepower.

personally i wouldn't remove my harmonic dampener for one of those pulleys

Denver_whiteST185

Denver_whiteST185":2i1j7637 said:
also, do you have an unorthadox racing pully, cause i just bought one and it should give me about 10 extra horsepower.

you don't remove anything except the stock pulley and replace it with the new pulley and new belts.

d1alltrac

Denver_whiteST185":3c4djh6p said:
Denver_whiteST185":3c4djh6p said:

you don't remove anything except the stock pulley and replace it with the new pulley and new belts.

the harmonic dampener is part of the stock crank pulley

Denver_whiteST185

d1alltrac":1e9g011p said:
Denver_whiteST185":1e9g011p said:
Denver_whiteST185":1e9g011p said:

the harmonic dampener is part of the stock crank pulley

Is there a dampener that i can put on to it or fabricate. i haven't recived the part yet, so i haven't installed it.

d1alltrac

basically no, do a google search on it and read up...you may not consider it a big deal, its just not something i'd do. i have had friends use them with no ill effects actually.

David---with this turbo, does the power more...

A. hit hard as hell and stay like that, or
B. start pulling harder and harder and never stop, or
C. other

Maloy

This whole underdrive pulley thing has been discussed a few times before. The harmonic balancer absorbs vibrations from your crankshaft, theoretically a perfectly balanced engine doesnt need one. The horror stories iv heard arent worth that 10 horse to me...

___Scott___

Maloy":3lnoslbx said:
theoretically a perfectly balanced engine doesnt need one.
Not true.

The balance of the engine has nothing to do with crankshaft harmonics. The dampener is there for a very good reason, a reason that the UR people just can't seem to comprehend.

CodingParadox

d1alltrac":lv9xkdpm said:
basically no, do a google search on it and read up...you may not consider it a big deal, its just not something i'd do. i have had friends use them with no ill effects actually.

David---with this turbo, does the power more...

A. hit hard as hell and stay like that, or
B. start pulling harder and harder and never stop, or
C. other

Depends what gear you're in. In lower gears, the turbo hits hard as hell and then stays like that. It FULLY spools by 4700, but as soon as it starts spooling, the extra power pulls you through the rev range to full spool fast enough that it's pretty much just a smack in the ass.

In the upper gears, if you floor it lower down in the RPM range, it takes a while to spool, but that's to be expected.

CodingParadox

It dampens the accessory drive systems and belts from vibration. A balanced engine still has vibrations, it just keeps the crank from wobbling.

ruffneck

so what is the harmonic dampener for then?
to balance vibrations from the crankshaft, as stated (by you , I think?)
There is no such thing as a a perfectly balanced engine IMO. True you can get the bottom end balanced, but I believe thats done on a machine that spins at about 500rpm... running it at 8000rpm under full boost, I think you are going to get some vibration :p

I can't post the dyno graphs sorry, not allowed to post attachments here, but I could take a photo and email them to you if you would like? I think I recall you saying a while ago you had a set of 264 cams that you took out to regain bottom end? I would suggest putting just the intake cam back in, and retarding stock exhaust cam. If you already have the cam, it can't hurt to try...might be worth the couple hours of labour...

CodingParadox

Walbro HP 255lph fuel pump.

No, James had 264 cams that he pulled out to regain bottom end. We might try experimenting with different cams at some point soon.

___Scott___

Maloy":3gtmmlw9 said:
so what is the harmonic dampener for then?
To dampen harmonics :wink:

A little light reading is in order. Start here:
http://www.suprasonic.org/public_html/s ... amper.html
http://dinancars.com/whitepapersFile.asp?ID=5

From here: http://d-series.org/forums/printthread.php?t=7945
a wise old one warned me about using a lightweight pulley on a D16, I didn't listen........

What I get for being bull headed.........
http://www.bettendorf.com/~mrbone/pictu ... mainsx.jpg

sleeper

ruffneck":1zaj89zl said:
if you are using the walbro pump, you soon out of fuel!?!?
why would you say that?
850cc injectors * 4 = 204 lph (at stock pressure)
Wlabro pump flows 255lph.

that`s right! but remember that NO FPR can completly close! they lett thru 50-70lh to! so then you just have 205-185 left! (wolfcatz tested this!)