Street Brawler 46 Trim Final - 392whp@24psi, w/Exhaust!

toayoztan

CodingParadox":3aefqkaf said:
I just asked Kris, and he agreed that the 46 trim can't hit 450 to the wheels, it just doesn't have quite enough flow. Cams won't help improve maximum flow of a turbo, they'll just help improve VE if your head is the restriction, not the turbo.

Kris thinks the 50 trim could do it pretty easily, however. So, you can go that route.

Hey thanks for talking to Kris for me David. I'll definitely get the 50 trim then. And i'm liking the idea of getting it anyways because if i want more power than 450, at least i know i won't be pushing it hard hard like i would be with the 46trim, if that makes sense.

Denver_whiteST185":3aefqkaf said:
sounds good. I just got a new job and im finally going to have the money to start building up my car. Im inbetween a garret GT30 kit ive found and the Street brawler kit. However, if kris is planning on making a streetbrawler upgrade to a Garret GT series like he was talking about, im definatly going for that. My car should be ready for 25psi by october, so thats when im looking to get that kit. the reason i was wondering is because my goal is 450-500 on race gas and 350 on pump gas while retaining a decent spool (remember, im at 6000 ft., so my spool is 500 rpm or so later)

Looks like we're on similar paths. Though I won't be going to a stroker kit, our HP goals are similar. Talk to me when you're ready to buy your parts. I'm curious as to which brand/type/etc that you're going with, to help get some ideas and compare.

Bryan

CodingParadox

np. I was on the phone with him to talk about something else and just asked while I was at it. :)

Keep in mind that, as Denver mentioned, Kris will happily bundle a GT series turbo of your choice with the kit instead, for an appropriately increased price (GT turbos are more expensive than the turbonetics equivalents.) So, if you would rather get a GT30 more suited for your application, you can go that route too.

Denver_whiteST185

toayoztan":2rkzwlxd said:
Looks like we're on similar paths. Though I won't be going to a stroker kit, our HP goals are similar. Talk to me when you're ready to buy your parts. I'm curious as to which brand/type/etc that you're going with, to help get some ideas and compare.

Bryan

here, ill send you a sheet of my planned mods. I made it mostly to keep ideas on paper.

KORacing

450whp with the 46 seems outside the realm of reality to me. Garrett rates the turbo at about 380hp (crank) and we've obviously proven it can do much more than that as my stock VE car makes 375whp with that turbo, and David's a bit more. The 50 trim will do it without question as we've done it several times with the MR2s, whereas the 46 is just about done *with a reasonable boost level* at around 400 or just over. We've had 2 different MR2's make around 410whp with the 46, one at 22psi with a fully built engine Engine Logics engine on race gas, the other at 25psi with 264 cams, methanol injection, and pump gas (on a stock ecu). The second car has pushed the turbo to over 30psi with some boost spikes, but the map starts to lose efficiency above 25psi, and I wouldn't recommend following in that car's footsteps (the owner is a bit of a lunatic).

We can do a GTseries kit now (30R or 35R), but we have not advertised it for sale yet as it is not fully tested and I'm not really happy with the water line setup as of yet.

Griffin

I'll let you know how the turbo does on what should by all rights be a VE monster once I have mine put together. I'll be happy with 400 to all 4, extatic with anything above that.

Griffin

CodingParadox":1fcsuh4n said:
What'd you do to make it such a "VE monster"?

So far I have Chris K built Head with 1mm oversize valves full port correction and P&P, HKS 264 cams & valve springs, 1ZZ shims, upgraded oil pump, Chris K and RMR intakes w/ 70mm mustang TB (will use whichever is better - I bought both) and then of course my FMIC

I *will* also have a port matched and ceramic coated exhaust manifold, turbo adapter and turbine (still working on that stuff - been too busy to do it) I'm also swapping to a DIS setup with 1ZZ coils. (have the coils and connectors but need to install them)

This setup should also let me run about 8750 / 9000 RPM no prob.

Thats basically every breather mod you can do for VE on the motor.