ACT 2100 - ST185

froussemaite

I installed this clutch this summer and have been less than impressed with it. It's brand new, I broke it in for 4-500 kms, and only now has about 2000-2500kms on it.

Doesn't feel all that better (if at all) than the stock clutch. Once rolling it's fine holds the power great. But once I try to launch it just slips a ton!! I expected to be able to drop this clutch and just have it hook up, at least for the initial launch, before it got hot.

The pedal feel of the act unit is great, but I want a more aggressive launch!!!

Let me know what I should be checking on the unit, the install went fine and my pedal and everything else is set to spec.

Maybe I should consider the 6 puck disk..??..

froussemaite

However, I'm really impressed with the service at ACT... I emailed them today and they responded hours later. Here is what they had to say;

"Hi, well it can be slipping for only a couple of reasons. One if the setup has been preloaded meaning the pressure plate never fully locks up can cause this. This is cured by a simple adjustment to the system.
Second could be the engine is making more torque than what the pressure plate is rated to. Third it can be that the combination of tires and toque has gone past the holding power of the pressure plate. Lastly the pressure on the pressure plate has digressed to a point were it is not as effective.
If the clutch is out of the car we can do an inspection on it to make sure it's working correctly. All you have to do is call me when you're ready to ship it so that I can give you a return number to do so.
Let me know what you want to do."