• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denver_whiteST185

thanks to chris, i finally got a radiator that i can send in to get a custom all-aluminum one made. Im sending it in tomarrow. I need to know whos in on this deal. im looking to get them to make it about 1/2" or so oversized toward the engine (for those who are keeping your a/c) and probably having 3 cores instead of 2. The inital price is going to be around $500, but it could be cheaper if we get a group buy going. the only modification i think you may have to do is to get a thinner fan to replace the bulky stock one (ATS racing sells them). Who's in on it.

Check My Last Post

toayoztan

I'm in..but it depends on when i'll have to buy it. Don't have the funds right now, but if it takes them a little while, i'll probably come up with the money then. A set group buy price would be nice...could you ask them about it?

Bryan

Griffin

Bill somthing or other - talk to Chris O - he told me the guy has the specs on file and can make them to order.

Not saying not to go ahead - just giving you a heads up. I might even wade in on it - that ST205 Koyo I got is a friggin nightmare of a fitment problem.

Come to think of it you said thanks to Chris - might even be talking about the same guy.

Aracheon

Griffin":ry72kiis said:
Bill somthing or other - talk to Chris O - he told me the guy has the specs on file and can make them to order.

Not saying not to go ahead - just giving you a heads up. I might even wade in on it - that ST205 Koyo I got is a friggin nightmare of a fitment problem.

Come to think of it you said thanks to Chris - might even be talking about the same guy.

<~~~ Me Chris. ;)

Denver_whiteST185

Griffin":1t9b2jpd said:

If chris o is the guy with turbocelica.com,then bill is the guy at ron davis radiators. they are actually the guys that are going to make the radiator for me because they need a model to take specs because the ones on file aren't good enough to make one.

ruffneck

if its pwr, they only make it for the 165
they did, they will have one available for the 185 as soon as they get it right.....they've made one for me, but it needs to be fixed up, couple of things aren't right yet.

Denver_whiteST185

ruffneck":zy4d2rrq said:
if its pwr, they only make it for the 165
they did, they will have one available for the 185 as soon as they get it right.....they've made one for me, but it needs to be fixed up, couple of things aren't right yet.

Is it going to be stock sized or oversized. Ron Davis is also made in the US.

Griffin

Denver_whiteST185":m1coyk14 said:
Griffin":m1coyk14 said:

If chris o is the guy with turbocelica.com,then bill is the guy at ron davis radiators. they are actually the guys that are going to make the radiator for me because they need a model to take specs because the ones on file aren't good enough to make one.

Yep that was them snd it appears I stand corrected - sorry for the confusion.

Thats a bummer that you have to send them one.

OK - so we're taking a 3 row core design - did theygive you any info on how much increased cooling capacity could be expected?

Gino Merlot

You know you can make make a Koyo Radiator work Part #R 1958. I did it,had some brackets and a new channel made up for the radiator. So I had to do some cutting measuring and welding. It was easy

1991 ST 185

Denver_whiteST185

PhilipK":1meri50x said:
http://www.rondavisradiators.com/Radiators.htm They make it. One of the members here sent a All-Trac radiator there and I think got it oversized 1/2. They still have the template, I emailed them about 6 month ago about it. $550 and 6 weeks.

Thats whos doing it. I already talked to them and they said that their record weren't suffecent to make one. thats why im sending another radiator for them to keep.

aww, who voted no.

Simba

I'm interested if RD is making them, and if oversized, so long as it has all the ports and such with the correct threads (fan switch). If so, that's a decent price. If it's just a race radiator with no ports or mounts, it's kind a steep.

Six weeks is kind of a long fab time, how many units are being made?

Denver_whiteST185

Simba":25xc46ny said:
I'm interested if RD is making them, and if oversized, so long as it has all the ports and such with the correct threads (fan switch). If so, that's a decent price. If it's just a race radiator with no ports or mounts, it's kind a steep.

Six weeks is kind of a long fab time, how many units are being made?

ports or mounts? It should fit like a stock radiator but im going to request larger core.

I was guessing on the fab time, i don't know how long its going to take. I had an issue come up (see my thread i started today), so i won't be able to send it out till the 16th. after that, it depends on how long RD takes. I will keep everyone informed on whats happening. I just want to know who would have the cash in about 6 weeks for a group buy to get the prices down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.