Intake Manifold discussion. Tech debate.

Griffin

Blue_GreyST185":2dbl82tf said:
I think Wolfkatz is doing a GP on fuel rails at MR2OC also :lol:

He is - its like 2 down from the Chris K one.

I asked Chris some questions about fitment on there - we'll see what the answer is.

Griffin

Zeus":34badpiw said:
Dave i like your set up :)

Thanks :D - Its been a long road but shes finally starting to look and perform like I want her to. I do regret the modified CT26 though - Wish I had a nice GT30R or GT35R - something with a nice fast spool time and slightly more oomph to it.

Zeus

my gt30 should be ready soon!

oh the wait has been unbareable... as much as a i love my 200 it really is a peice of shit...

I miss my alltrac..

but dave your doing your car in a nice safe way... get all the suppporting mods first then slap on that big turbo and whatch your car really take off ;)

Griffin

Yeah - that was kind of the plan - start with building the engine - get that worked out - get the EMS cams pump and injectors on - get that worked out - Brakes and suspension, then crank the boost and get the FMIC on - get that worked out and tuned. (which is the step I'm on now)

after that its rollcage, finish gutting and weight reduction, 5 point harness, Racing wheel, Seats (*IF* I can afford them) then after that its a tossup between big brake kit and big turbo. Turbo is more expensive, and will require new injectors, but probably is worth it.

Please let me know how that GT30 works out when you get it on - if it spools as fast as I think it will I have a feeling I may be getting one.

illGT4

Griffin":3tp6nm9c said:
Yeah - that was kind of the plan - start with building the engine - get that worked out - get the EMS cams pump and injectors on - get that worked out - Brakes and suspension, then crank the boost and get the FMIC on - get that worked out and tuned. (which is the step I'm on now)

after that its rollcage, finish gutting and weight reduction, 5 point harness, Racing wheel, Seats (*IF* I can afford them) then after that its a tossup between big brake kit and big turbo. Turbo is more expensive, and will require new injectors, but probably is worth it.

Please let me know how that GT30 works out when you get it on - if it spools as fast as I think it will I have a feeling I may be getting one.

What kind of brakes did you get Dave? I'm looking to do that when I put this next groccery list of mods... I was thinking the Rockateer bbk.

Thanks for the help!

Griffin

illGT4":2xwwle8o said:
What kind of brakes did you get Dave? I'm looking to do that when I put this next groccery list of mods... I was thinking the Rockateer bbk.

Thanks for the help!

I went with new Toyota rotors, got them slotted, put porterfield R4S pads on all 4 corners, and got the goodrige SS braided lines and Motul RBF600 fluid. I wanted the rocketeer, but just didn't (and don't) have the money yet.

Griffin

illGT4":1araphho said:

Thanks for the help!

I went with new Toyota rotors, got them slotted, put porterfield R4S pads on all 4 corners, and got the goodrige SS braided lines and Motul RBF600 fluid. I wanted the rocketeer, but just didn't (and don't) have the money yet.