places for rebuild turbo

190hpcelica

hi guys sorry im a newbie with turbos. i wanna know where did you guys get your turbos rebuild and what is your b4 and after. thanks

goldfish

i had mine done by turbonetics - it cost $450 + shipping both ways. I like it... If i were to do it all again i would just ship it to ATS and get their "CT-27" job done on it for $850 - but that all depends on how much power you want. It is all about goals. When i did mine, i knew then that it was just a stepping stone until i got a bigger turbo...

190hpcelica

i think ats 27 is the same as the upgrade ct26 because if you look at the mods. and take that out it equals to there upgraded ver. of it

alltrac4life

I also had turbonetics do mine. They upgraded it as much as they could, i believe it is a 57 trim. I dont exactly remember because a shop i went to sent it, not me. It works great and makes solid boost without spiking or loosing boost at higher rpms. I run it at about 20psi with a shitty $10 boost controller and it holds strong at 20psi all the way to redline.

strracerx

alltrac4life":va2qctsi said:
I also had turbonetics do mine. They upgraded it as much as they could, i believe it is a 57 trim. I dont exactly remember because a shop i went to sent it, not me. It works great and makes solid boost without spiking or loosing boost at higher rpms. I run it at about 20psi with a shitty $10 boost controller and it holds strong at 20psi all the way to redline.

do you have any lag with that turbo

illGT4

190hpcelica":34lel4p1 said:
i think ats 27 is the same as the upgrade ct26 because if you look at the mods. and take that out it equals to there upgraded ver. of it

No, the ct27 is there upgrade with both comp. upgrade and ex. housing modification.

illGT4

goldfish":19icmirc said:
i had mine done by turbonetics - it cost $450 + shipping both ways. I like it... If i were to do it all again i would just ship it to ATS and get their "CT-27" job done on it for $850 - but that all depends on how much power you want. It is all about goals. When i did mine, i knew then that it was just a stepping stone until i got a bigger turbo...

I also had my CT26 done at Turbonetics. If i were to do it again, I would get the ex. housing modified by ATS Racing.

Good advice goldfish!

illGT4

At the same time I would stay away from Majestic and PT.

There have been plenty of turbo problems with Maj. and PT is questionable at best.

SLC Punk

shoteh":qpwwe9r6 said:
how much did it cost you and how long did it take?
Mine was $450 + shipping
illGT4":qpwwe9r6 said:
At the same time I would stay away from Majestic and PT.

There have been plenty of turbo problems with Maj. and PT is questionable at best.
I must have been lucky, because I had no problems with PT or their work.

Trance4c

So far.. Majestic is 0 for 2 with me on CT26 rebuilds. Though they have been quick to have them returned to them and fixed at no extra charge. Currently though, they still have not contacted me on the status of the second turbo.. I will have to call them tomorrow.

SuperWhite92

my pt turbo upgrade works awesome. took a long time, but there are NO problems with it. btw, their alltrac.net price is now 475 plus shipping.

Toysport does the upgrades, i believe.
ATS seems to be the best now.

illGT4

It's a nice upgrade, but still only a CT26. So don't expect it to blow your doors off! lol..

and I just noticed you have a st165. Another option for you would be to get a 46 trim (t04e wheel) and put on an exhaust housing from a Supra CT26. That is a combination that is highly recommended.

46 trim compressor wheel
MKIII Supra CT26 exhaust housing

190hpcelica

lolz, yea alot of ppl in here has the 185. but i wanna make my st165 have some serious hp.(320hp) i ve been lookin for a turbo that would fit my car, dat also start to spool at 3500rpm and hold until redline but not much found. i post a thread about the 95 motorsport turbo for the st165. and wondering whats good for the money. i have 5k to play with. also i have a oil leak. the engine is gettin rebuilt that takes about 2k alreaedy so i really have about 3k for more power

illGT4

190hpcelica":253yzxbu said:
lolz, yea alot of ppl in here has the 185. but i wanna make my st165 have some serious hp.(320hp) i ve been lookin for a turbo that would fit my car, dat also start to spool at 3500rpm and hold until redline but not much found. i post a thread about the 95 motorsport turbo for the st165. and wondering whats good for the money. i have 5k to play with. also i have a oil leak. the engine is gettin rebuilt that takes about 2k alreaedy so i really have about 3k for more power

320hp.. .do you mean at the enigne or to the wheels?

Anyhow.. if you want a good cost effiient upgraded to the CT26, get the 46 trim and the Supra CT26 ex. housing. Pretty much the best you can get for your 165.