places for rebuild turbo

Conrad_Turbo

Anyone know where to get a rebuild kit for any particular turbo? I am not in need of rebuilding my CT26 but I do have a few IHI RHB52 turbos that I want to rebuild. Where can I get the center section bearing pieces at a decent price?

shoteh

http://search.ebay.com/turbo-rebuild-ki ... 1QQfromZR8

various turbo rebuild kits on ebay

and I just noticed you have a st165. Another option for you would be to get a 46 trim (t04e wheel) and put on an exhaust housing from a Supra CT26. That is a combination that is highly recommended.

would it fit on the stock setup?

thanks guys on all the info on rebuilding. I will be also rebuilding my turbo this spring but ill see how much I want to spend first.

T-spoon

I had one rebuilt and upgraded to 60-1 at turbochargers.com, cost came out to $625. I ran it at 1BAR for 4 months or so without problems. I also had one just rebuilt to stock by Majestic and as far as I know is still running great with no problems. I have a friend who has had Majestic do at least half a dozen turbos, including 3 upgraded ct26s and a couple other big ones for supras. Things can go wrong I'm sure, I've talked to Kevin at Majestic in person, been in the shop, we've never had any problems with them, only positive. Conversely, I didn't like turbochargers.com even though the work seemed good enough, verging on arrogant and not too friendly with Toyotas.

illGT4

T-spoon":3pun0nx3 said:
I had one rebuilt and upgraded to 60-1 at turbochargers.com, cost came out to $625. I ran it at 1BAR for 4 months or so without problems. I also had one just rebuilt to stock by Majestic and as far as I know is still running great with no problems. I have a friend who has had Majestic do at least half a dozen turbos, including 3 upgraded ct26s and a couple other big ones for supras. Things can go wrong I'm sure, I've talked to Kevin at Majestic in person, been in the shop, we've never had any problems with them, only positive. Conversely, I didn't like turbochargers.com even though the work seemed good enough, verging on arrogant and not too friendly with Toyotas.

I'm glad someone has had good experiences with Majestic.

If you take a look on the MR2 board, where the # of upgraded CT26's are greater, you will see bad comments regarding failing turbos from Majestic. The same with PT on this board and the yahoo groups. Anyone can have a bad experience from a certain shop, but the things I've read about Majestic and PT would persuade me to go elsewhere.

The "most popular and most efficient" upgrades for the CT26 are the 46 and 50 t04e trim compressor wheels.

For many years, clipping was another thing people tried to get more out of the turbo.

Now, ATS has developed a way to un-fu#k the CT26 exhaust housing to make more power.

To sum it up.

If you have a ST185 and want to upgrade your CT26:
46 or 50 trim (t04e) , ATS exhaust housing upgrade.

If you have a ST165 and want to upgrade your CT26:
46 or 50 trim (to4e) , MKIII Supra CT26 ex. housing.

If you want to replace your CT26 alltogether, there are several options:
1. "CT20b" , PE1919 (upgraded 20b), Fensport CT20b upgrade
2. TD-06 (20g) , custom t3/t4
3. T67, T78, etc..

We've wondered about how to best upgrade a CT26 for a while now.. hopefully we will move on and start concentrating on other things.. Being such a small group compared to DSM, honda, etc.. it seems to take a while for us to "catch up".. Thankfully, in the last 2 years, the 3S-GTE community has come a long way. Many guys are hitting 300whp, some are hitting 400whp and a few are way above 500whp.

Long live the 3S-GTE.

shoteh

thanks chris for the summary

If you have a ST185 and want to upgrade your CT26:
46 or 50 trim (t04e) , ATS exhaust housing upgrade.

whats the difference between the two? sorry noob to turbo upgrades

T-spoon

Yeah, problem is, when dealing with rebuilt ct26s, there's 500 things you can do to make them fail prematurely, I imagine some have to be real failures, at the same time, it could be a number of them were no fault of the turbo. I just hate to see someone blacklisted without anything solid, that's all. It's a rough business if a big part of the market decides you're bad news without a good way to really evaluate. Anyway, carry on :)

illGT4

shoteh":3d89dkla said:
whats the difference between the two? sorry noob to turbo upgrades

Speaking from expereince only; not much. ;)

Either will be just fine. It's the backside of the turbo that makes a greater difference.

Most recently, I ran a CT26 upgraded to a 50 trim, untouched hot side. I liked it. Good grunt. But not much better up top. But this would be the same with any CT26 upgrade UNLESS you touch the hot side.

I was informed that for the st165 the 46 trim is "the way to go". But this comment was made when using the MKIII supra ex. housing.

Again, either will be just fine. 46 "should" spool faster. The 50 is no slouch however.

Glad I can help.

Wraith

190hpcelica":305uc8dw said:
hi guys sorry im a newbie with turbos. i wanna know where did you guys get your turbos rebuild and what is your b4 and after. thanks

depends if you have a stock factory turbo ... such as a CT26 then I would just go with www.turbocity.com or if you have a Garrett then I would go with either Innovative turbos or Percision engineering...