New goodie: Forge wastegate actuator.

Simba

Conan":2gwgja2r said:
Are you sure you didn't get involved in any marketing deal with Forge? :twisted:

Nope. My endorsements are considerably more expensive than that. :p

More to the point, one could say Toyota's wastegate actuators are complete pieces of crap by comparison.

88st165

wow that looks like a nice piece... i prob will consider one of those for my ct27 as well in the future...

on a side note, i thought you were running the ct27 for some time now b/c that thing looks brand spanking new...

Simba

88st165":2bqpopvd said:
on a side note, i thought you were running the ct27 for some time now b/c that thing looks brand spanking new...

That's because it is new. One of the oil seals went in the first one, so ATS replaced it.

Great customer support on their part.

edit: Until the second one blew up as well, anyway, and they tried to blame me for both failures. :roll:

88st165

^ yes i believe i had that same situation and they promptly sent me a brand new one which i have yet to put on since my cars been down.

-they have got to be at the top as far as customer service for companies that cater to our community.

Greg_Peddle

didnt simba say that he has a ct27 and he is still getting boost creep and thats why he upgraded the actuator?

im having serious boost creep issues since i changed my exaust to all 3 inch i cant even floor it the turbo gets up to 18psi easy

im looking for a solution to the problem as well cause its really annoying when some ricer passes you and you hit fuel cut and have to turn ure car of and on to get the turbo to spool again

toayoztan

Boost creep issues are usually WG related issues such as it being too small, the door not opening fully, etc of that nature.

The actuator may cause boost spike issues if it's old...if maybe that is what you are referring to?

I have simba's CT27 now with a stock WG and full 3" exhaust. What I notice is the WG door does not open up fully due to the XS Power downpipe. Even then, without a boost controller, I don't have any boost creep or spike issues...maybe I creep a psi or so but nothing towards 18psi.

Bryan

Greg_Peddle

mine only did it since the exhaust

mines also a st185 rc has a higher fuel cut if that has anything to do with it

but it sucks ass maybe i should get a better downpipe but i dont think its gonna solve it

Simba

Greg_Peddle":2migwh5k said:
didnt simba say that he has a ct27 and he is still getting boost creep and thats why he upgraded the actuator?

The Forge actuator was more a benefit to consistency and initial boost holding (stiffer spring) than a cure for boost creep. It helped somewhat, though that's largely as the WG capsule that came on the CT27 I got originally was in questionable shape.

The build quality of the Forge actuator is superb-- these days I'd rather chew glass than use an internally gated turbo, but if I had to I'd use their capsule in a heartbeat.

darthripley

you can always try porting the wastegate to help keep it from spiking so bad.
it's cheaper than a DP or an external wastegate if you don't have the cash to spare.

toayoztan

darthripley":1f7d03bu said:
you can always try porting the wastegate to help keep it from spiking so bad.
it's cheaper than a DP or an external wastegate if you don't have the cash to spare.

Porting the WG usually helps with boost creep, not boost spike. the spiking can occur from the WG actuator or boost controller.

Bryan

klue

bringing this back from the dead, does anyone have a size comparison with this actuator?

Looking at using this VS a turbosmart unit

klue

CSAlltrac":12tzkyck said:
Im running one. Ill have to snap a picture of it and post it. Its real close to the same size as stock.
cool thanks, working on a project could use the info