Switch to full style
Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades
Post a reply

turbo options for the st165

Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:17 pm

i have an st165 with a very strong motor, and i'm looking at turbo options for it. i don't want to do any drastic modifications to it, because i want it to last, but i would like to get a little more out of it.

someone told me that the exhaust side of a ct26 out of a mark iii supra was a good upgrade.

what are the advantages / disadvantages to this?

are there any other options for the st165?

links would be great.

thanks
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:30 pm

I've got the exhaust side of the supra ct26 installed on my 165, i get 10 psi at about 2700rpm pulls hard all the way to redline. It's far superior to the stock housing in terms of performance.

Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:42 am

Does the supra mkiii ct-26 exhaust bolt right on? or do I have to do some fabrication?

Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:32 am

http://www.members.shaw.ca/zeusbb/Info.htm
compliments of gary. depending on which one you go with, you may have to do some custom work.

Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:07 pm

yeah, i'd seen that article before; but i really don't want to have to have my turbo shipped off and machined.

so i guess the exhaust side off a mark iii supra is my only option then (boy i wish i could afford the turbonetics turbo on 935motorsports.com)?

how hard are those to get?

what is a good round number to run on boost (i've heard people tell me 12 is nice and even).

whats the best way of getting that?

thanks again

Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:56 pm

i recently bought a stock mKIII supra ct-26 (being shipped now) to hold me over while i save up for a good upgrade since my turbo took a $hit on me,

the replica of the HKS sport turbo on 935 looks good to me too, i am planning on getting one almost exactly like it from another guy (my bro's hook-up for super cheap turbos, he wont tell me a name or anything though :cry: ) ive heard nothing but good things about these turbos, i met a guy that had a replica of the HKS sport turbo on his supra and he was more than happy with it.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:11 pm

if you want to upgrade the exhaust manifold also to a 2gen/turbo will have more options

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2136
Post a reply