Sard Analyse ECU

silverarrow

I was wondering if anyone of you guys know anything specific about these tuned ecu's? I'm sure they're tuned with a more aggressive fuel/timing map, but how much more aggressive? I know it may depend on what application one has also, but just a generalization would be good. Planning to get one of those Sard or Mines ECU some day.

ChrisD

Sard, Mines, Gforce, techtom, all mean the same thing, just different companies. The problem I have with the most of them is that you have no clue what the company is doing to modify your maps. Could be getting more power at the risk of detonation. Best one is from ATS racing imho, because they will work with you and tell you precisely what they are doing to optimize the maps for your mods.

I'd personally be more inclined to just get something that is more tuneable, such as the Emanage or SMT-6, or even a standalone.

silverarrow

Thanks for your reply Chris, I was looking into the ATS tuned rom...but I was just looking at my other options as well. I'm not really looking for a full blown ems setup. My car will be a daily driver with the same turbo/fuel setup for a while, besides suspension and exterior mods.

Anyhow, like you said...these other companies don't seem to show what they did to upgrade their tuned ecus. I'm not sure if all their ecu's are tuned for a specific setup only or what...I was really looking into it myself. I stumbled upon a topic on mr2oc.com that this one guy was testing the Mines and Sard ecu on a dyno with the same setup and same boost settings to see which one was better. Mines had overall more hp gain, but Sard overall had more torque at the same boost levels which that was one reason why I was looking into a Sard ecu.

I may just go with a tuned ecu with my afc-2 to fine tune it a bit more. Not sure which one yet!

illGT4

silverarrow":23jmt1ub said:
Thanks for your reply Chris, I was looking into the ATS tuned rom...but I was just looking at my other options as well. I'm not really looking for a full blown ems setup. My car will be a daily driver with the same turbo/fuel setup for a while, besides suspension and exterior mods.

Anyhow, like you said...these other companies don't seem to show what they did to upgrade their tuned ecus. I'm not sure if all their ecu's are tuned for a specific setup only or what...I was really looking into it myself. I stumbled upon a topic on mr2oc.com that this one guy was testing the Mines and Sard ecu on a dyno with the same setup and same boost settings to see which one was better. Mines had overall more hp gain, but Sard overall had more torque at the same boost levels which that was one reason why I was looking into a Sard ecu.

I may just go with a tuned ecu with my afc-2 to fine tune it a bit more. Not sure which one yet!

I know of the page you are refering too. As I worked with him a little bit regarding the Blitz Access ECU.

The slight differences in power are too small to say one is better than the other.

Your biggest concern is what the ROM was tuned for. Recently, that same person put down 316 rwhp. When I asked him how, as I thought the Blitz he had was for 440cc inj.. He said he used 540cc. Strange thing is, you really never know...

So, in conclusion, your best bet is to find the ECU upgrade that you are absolutely sure what has been done to it. Brand doesn't really matter much at all. You are still dealing with the same parameters; fuel and timing.

ChrisD

On that note, keep in mind all they are doing is playing with fuel and timing. You are able to do the same thing with a greddy emanage or smt6 type device. But you'd have to have someone qualified to tune it... One big reason why I prefer the ATS tuned rom, because they are having great success with tuning these for individuals mods.

illGT4

chris_dittrick":3ps04flt said:
On that note, keep in mind all they are doing is playing with fuel and timing. You are able to do the same thing with a greddy emanage or smt6 type device. But you'd have to have someone qualified to tune it... One big reason why I prefer the ATS tuned rom, because they are having great success with tuning these for individuals mods.

no doubt. Getting a nemesis tuned later this year from ricky b.