Replacing turbo

danny

Hey this is Tim......
I hate to say it but I think you blew the seals on that JDM CT as well. What you can do it have the original turbo rebuilt. The seals get hard and cracked over time. Who knows how long that sat on a shelf or in a car that didnt run for a while. try this site...I get alot of turbos done there. http://64.225.76.178/main.htm
Best of luck to ya.
If you need any help email me at tim@av-performance.com

Tim

alltracman78

Cormudgen":o98mubm1 said:
so i tried tightening it by using pliers. another thing is that once it gets tightend up to the compresor blades, you have to hold them to keep from spinning(i'm concerned about breaking due to them being ceramic

Just a note, on the jdm turbos that actually are ceramic, it's the exhaust side, not the intake side that is ceramic..

Cormudgen

alltracman78":zi05zokl said:
Cormudgen":zi05zokl said:
so i tried tightening it by using pliers. another thing is that once it gets tightend up to the compresor blades, you have to hold them to keep from spinning(i'm concerned about breaking due to them being ceramic

Just a note, on the jdm turbos that actually are ceramic, it's the exhaust side, not the intake side that is ceramic..

thanks for pointing that out man. i didn't know that and was wonderin why i couldnt tell the difference